Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default BJCM front wheel issue UPDATE post #8

i've only had my BJCM (2010 model) for about a month now, and while i otherwise love it, i've been having this issue with the front wheel. sometimes when i want to turn right for example it feels like it gets "stuck". it's not just me, DH has the same issue when he drives it..finally today he found out that the little tab to lock the wheel straight sometimes has fallen a bit, thus preventing turning of the wheel somewhat. when he lifts it back up it's fine but then a few minutes of driving and it's back again! anyway, DH was thinking of duct-taping this tab (so it doesn't move, since we never lock the wheel anyway) but i was just wondering if any BBBers have any experience with this, and if u guys have any other ideas?
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 05-25-2010 at 11:56 AM.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Call baby jogger. I've had some quality issues with their strollers too but customer service will work with you.

When I received my BJCM, the front wheel was wobbly. I called CS and they're sending me a new one (Salsah helped me with this one!). I would just call CS - they're great!

thanks for the responses.

after posting this thread i did a search and apparently this issue is very common..ugh. i'm just surprised that for $200+ and not only a few weeks of use it already has issues!

anyway, in another thread on this same issue, some people mentioned that they took it back to the store, but i'll try calling CS first and see what they say. hope that will fix the problem (crossing fingers). i really like this stroller!

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You will have no problems their CS is great. I had a squeaky back wheel they sent me 2 wheels. No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lorinick View Post
    You will have no problems their CS is great. I had a squeaky back wheel they sent me 2 wheels. No problem.
    They didn't ask me anything other than my name and address (no serial number, when I purchased it, nothing).

we had the same problem with out mini. We could have called BJ CS. but we decided we needed an upgrade overall so returned the stroller and got the elite

thx everyone for the responses. just called Baby Jogger CS. they were very helpful. said they will send a new wheel out, however since they are all backordered (i guess this problem is very common), the soonest they can send me one is end of July (2 months away!).

anyway the CS rep said thatthey had talked about it to the president of baby jogger who suggested that in the meantime (while waiting for a replacement wheel), one can use a piece of tape or something to block the hole where the pin goes into (the locking mechanism), that way it won't get caught in there. so basically the same thing that my DH has suggested...so i will try that in the meantime

thx again everyone.

WOW - one set of wheels are backordered. Crap. Baby Jogger needs to up their production. Hmm, do they have public stock?

It seems like they have EVERYTHING backordered until July - (accessories, a lot of strollers, etc) - not sure what is going on!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast