Default Question about parent console for BJCM

I have the SK buggy buddy that I've been using on my BJCM and it works well, however if I hang a diaper bag with the buggy buddy, it a) pushes the buggy buddy up, and b) pushes the canopy down funny so it does a weird thing when fully extended. I was wondering if the same thing happens with the BJ parent console that's designed for the city mini. I know you're not supposed to hang a bag from the handlebar, so it may be the same problem.
    Any input?

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Can you use stroller clips instead to hang your diaper bag?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

I have a skiphop, so i'm using the shuttle clips. I don't know if that's the problem - that the bag is hanging too high up?
    I also just didn't know if the BJ console was "better" than the SK one anyway...

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

yes the bj caddy connects on the same spot on the handlebar so no help there- and it's so expensive and has smaller compartments- i'd steer clear of it I hang my big ol' ju ju be spicy from time to time on the handlebar of my bjcm with the sk caddy on with no issues, though my bag is tote style and hangs pretty low... I put the straps over the very edge of the handle bar and the caddy higher up towards my hands....no issues there! canopy still can open

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i have the universal BJ parent console on my BJCM and always hang my diaper bag from the bar, and have no issues with the canopy or whatever. i will try to take a pic when i get the chance

Thanks. I think it's pushing the canopy down a bit (where it says baby jogger and velcros on) and the cup holder base up, if that makes sense....
    Ms Pacman, I'd love it if you could post a pic.
    Jacksmoma, thanks - I'd hate to spend more $ if I don't have to! I think maybe I just have too much going on on the handlebars!!! I think I'm also used to a hard cupholder (rather than the soft, flexible one)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

ok i am going out now but i will try to post a pic later tonight or early tomorrow.

ETA: here is a pic (sorry for the quality, took it with my phone). does this help? i never have issues with the diaper bag strap getting in the way of the canopy. the strap stays in place and doesn't slide down at all. i have an eddie bauer mini diaper bag

here is another shot. the diaper bag does not get in the way of the console at all
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 05-25-2010 at 08:32 PM.

Thank you Ms Pacman! I think it's because I'm using the shuttle clips on the skip hop, so the diaper bag actually hangs higher, if that makes sense. It pushes the cup holder up. I'm gonna try doing it without the clips and just using the strap...
    Still debating if I'm better off still using the SK or getting the BJ console (I would be able to use the SK on another stroller - I only paid $6 from kohls last year, so not a big deal...)
    ETA - for some reason, my bag was pushing down the velcro that holds the canopy on, so the canopy was "bubbling" funny... I think I just had too much (I also had stroller swirlers on there - it looks like I've got my 7 items of flair from office space!)

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

thanks for the pic! is that the older mini console or the newer universal one they came out with?