Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by catsnkid View Post
    I didn't suffer to badly, but drank lots of gingerale and wore seabands.. Though it was a dead giveaway to my coworkers.
    Except I wore long sleeves so as not to give anythings away
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Gingerale & never stepping foot in the kitchen while anyone else was eating.

Funny to see the citrus recommended -- that was one of my worst triggers! Something that a friend told me that I didn't believe until I tried: room temperature Coca-Cola and regular, salted potato chips. I must admit, that was one of the few combos I never puked up! I also figured out that I got kind of motion sick when driving or trying to work out...so yeah, lying down helped a lot!

I also took the Unisom and I don't think it helped at all. Nothing really did, except sleep and time. So sorry you're suffering!
    Emma in Bermuda
    Mama to furkids Beau and Mattie
    DS1 born June 2010
    DS2 born November 2012

Had it bad w/ my first!
    Try carb + protein, ie- crackers/toast/apple + cheese/yogurt/PB.
    -Sara

DD- Veronica, 6/26/06 future astronaut/ princess
    DS- Oliver, 5/1/09 looking spiffy in his DOCband

kam is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Thanks for all of the thoughts! I've tried a bunch -- the sea bands did nothing. What sometimes helps is carb + fat (buttered pancake, bagel w/ cc) and diet coke. (Weird). Unfortunately, Unisom + B6 didn't help at all (my OB told me that it doesn't often, but that it was safe to try.

So, I suffer. Some days are worse than others. I've lost weight, but I did that with my DD, too, and the OB said he wouldn't worry as long as I stayed hydrated and started gaining again in the 2nd trimester.

Thanks for all the well wishes ... and the reminder that "this too shall pass!"

I have only gained 3 lbs this pregnancy, I'm sure the morning sickness had a lot to do with it... I'm not worried, because they keep telling me that the baby is measuring big. (I'm 37 weeks) So, don't worry too much about losing weight. Get your calories in however you can. (Frappe's and Milkshakes helped)

I hope it passes for you soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2