Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This looks nice. Is a sleeve or carrying case necessary? I was thinking it might be good to have for DD at Preschool?

I'm interested for 1 too.

I'd be in for a red (or one with a few red compartments and other primary colors for my son) and a pink or primary for my daughter. I'd be interested to know how much the shipping will be first though. Thanks for organizing this!

SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ckso View Post
    This looks nice. Is a sleeve or carrying case necessary? I was thinking it might be good to have for DD at Preschool?

I'm interested for 1 too.
    I think you would want an insulation case if its something you need to be kept cool. I had checked the measurements of the boys lunch bags and these will fit fine. I can't remember the measurements but the are on the link.

Otherwise you could try putting it in her backpack (if she uses one) or any other little bag that it fits into.

I think I read somewhere the containers are very secure, but the box itself is not as secure as the containers, hope that makes sense!
    Samantha
    Twin Boys - 11/20/05
    N. and J. - My heart and hands are full!

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Hemingway

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

OP, does it appear that these are the ORIGINAL LL, not the 2.0 version with more lids and different dimensions? I hope it is the original so it works with my old ones.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    OP, does it appear that these are the ORIGINAL LL, not the 2.0 version with more lids and different dimensions? I hope it is the original so it works with my old ones.
    I'm pretty sure they're the original. The height dimension given is 2 inches and that matches the original. The 2.0 is 2.5 inches. DS has the 2.0 version or I'd be on this one, too!
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by calv View Post
    I can't pic shipping being more than $5 or so maybe a few $ more if you more than 1. Can anyone chime in? I don't ship all the time and dont know the prices/weight of the laptop lunches. anyone care to jump in? shipping to me for 24 of them I think was $35ish dollars total
    I am shipping things today, so I weighed mine for you. I have the 2.0 version, so a bit different, but the outside, with 4 containers and 2 lids weighs 14 oz. If you ship in a poly bag, you could do it for under 1 pound. If you ship in a bubble mailer or a box, you'll be over 1 pound. I'm in Michigan and I can send under 1 pound to CA for $4.90 Parcel Post and $5.55 Priority Mail. If it's over 1 pound, it is $8.09 Parcel Post and $9.55 Priority Mail.

I don't know where the OP is or where everyone else is, but this will give you an idea of shipping costs at least. If you're far away, use a poly mailer and get it to under 1 pound!
    Kris

anyone on the fence: my ds has used this for 2 yrs now and it's holding up great! it fits perfectly in a crocodile creek lunchbox and also I've learned/read that it fits in a ll bean (or is it lands' end?) lunch box-
    just trying to help enable

(I have a new one sitting on the shelf waiting for ds2, otherwise I'd be all over it,too!)
    ~laura in miami~
    ds1 7/03
    ds2 7/06
    Welcome/Intro to Infantreflux (I'm a Mod)

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I am shipping things today, so I weighed mine for you. I have the 2.0 version, so a bit different, but the outside, with 4 containers and 2 lids weighs 14 oz. If you ship in a poly bag, you could do it for under 1 pound. If you ship in a bubble mailer or a box, you'll be over 1 pound. I'm in Michigan and I can send under 1 pound to CA for $4.90 Parcel Post and $5.55 Priority Mail. If it's over 1 pound, it is $8.09 Parcel Post and $9.55 Priority Mail.

I don't know where the OP is or where everyone else is, but this will give you an idea of shipping costs at least. If you're far away, use a poly mailer and get it to under 1 pound!
    Will it handle being in a poly bag mailer? Like the plastic won't end up cracking?
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Will it handle being in a poly bag mailer? Like the plastic won't end up cracking?

I was in for 2, I don't want mine sent in a poly bag. Buying a roll of bubble wrap would make me feel alot better, about $6 at Wal-mart. When I ebay my boys shoes I wrap them around about 3 times, I just want them to arrive safe.

Shipping for 2 is killing it for me, I had no idea they were that heavy, but I've committed, just praying I don't get the red containers and black case!
    Samantha
    Twin Boys - 11/20/05
    N. and J. - My heart and hands are full!

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Hemingway

Hmm. I would tape the outer box shut. I do think there is a chance it could get damaged in just a poly mailer. Adding a layer or 2 of bubble wrap will definitely protect it, but will add weight. Oh, and I just realized that I didn't include silverware. I only have the full stainless. But, I'm guessing the plastic/stainless set is going to be more than 2 oz total and you'll be at 1 lb before packaging. Poly mailers are about .5oz and the label is a bit more.

So, I do think even with it being the original and not 2.0, you guys will be at the 1-2 lbs rate. In that case, I'd definitely use bubble wrap and a poly to send it and it would likely be just fine. Or use one of the Priority Mail shirt boxes that you can get for free from the PO.
    Kris

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast