Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    I bought the heart to heart insert but have yet to use it with the baby. How big is your LO now? Mine is 3 weeks old and about 6.5 lbs, and the Ergo seems like it would be huge for her. I'm loving my Kangaroo Korner pouch with her though...if you're interested in one of those keep your eyes on GGMG and CL.
    DD was 8 lbs 11 ounces at birth! She was 10 pounds at her 1 month check-up, which was now three weeks ago. I haven't tried to weigh her on my own, but I'm guessing she's got to be 12 pounds by now? She's also tall--90th percentile in height. She has also already rolled over--at 4 weeks, 4 days of age--tummy to back. But I don't feel like she has that good of head control yet. She can hold it up on her own, but not for long, and I doubt she could do it while I was walking.

The pouch is still just one shoulder, right? My issue is the hotsling, which works in pretty much every other way, is on just one shoulder and some days I'm carrying her for up to 5 hours. At the end of the day my back is killing me. (Should have gotten to the gym for more core work before this baby came home!) And having already purchased 3 carriers, I wish one of them would be perfect. LOL.

Catherine

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I used the Ergo again today with my 2.5 month old, no insert and sitting upright. I forgot to mention that using the sunshade/head cover thing also helps support their head more. And sometimes I would put my hand behind his neck if I was walking really fast. DS loved it...slept in it for two hours. I think I'm going to get rid of that darn Heart to Heart.

And another reason I like the Ergo better...padded shoulder straps. He was already chewing on the padded straps (I'll have to find those sucking pads). The Beco has these nylon straps that look like they're cutting into his face.
    Last edited by goldenpig; 05-27-2010 at 12:10 AM.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Wait, OP, did you say something about only having it on one shoulder? Did you see the videos on the site? http://videos.ergobaby.com/en-us/5-2...pport-cushion/ We never used it only on one shoulder.

No, no. Ergo is on two shoulders, which is why I want to use it. The hot sling is on one shoulder, which is why I don't want to use it for so many hours.

I tried the Ergo without any insert last night and it was just fine with a hand for head support. Maybe I can do that for a chunk of the day to help save my back.

Thanks everyone,
    Catherine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2