Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Training pants questions

I need some help with training pants.

-DD is 15mo and is willing to tell us if she needs to go or just went or start walking towards the bathroom where her potty is
    -She is willing to sit on her potty or the big potty if you hold her or sit behind her
    -She is thin, 20lbs but 31 inches tall
    -We currently use Seventh Generation sz3 dipes

1. Is it time for training pants?
    2. Is disposable the best option or should i go with "regular" training pants (cotton underpants with the extra padding)
    3. How should disposable training pant fit? sg training pants start at 2t-3t. i called them and they sent me 2 to try for size but i think they are quite saggy.

all suggestions are welcomed!
    Last edited by peanut520; 05-27-2010 at 09:20 PM.

i just got a pack of pampers training pants and they are too big

Does anyone know anything about the huggies pull up sizes compared to the easy ups and seventh generations?

Dr C is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

We have a skinny kid. Pampers Easy Ups seemed smaller than the Huggies Pullups, IIRC. Can't speak to 7th generation.

We did not have much luck with pullups. DS just peed in them like they were diapers. You can get a fair bit of toilet training done in diapers but when you really feel you are ready, I think it makes sense to take the plunge and go for (gasp) underpants. Yes you will get puddles on your floor. If you get a whole lot of puddles, go back to diapers for a while and try again later. That's just my 2cents. Other families I know have had great luck with disposables... just tell the kid "don't get the stars/backpacks/racecars wet" and they work to keep them dry. That did not happen with my DS but maybe DD will be different.
    Because we didn't really use pullups for training, it made it easy to use them later for overnight (I have no illusions that DS will be dry at night anytime soon but again this is not an issue for most kids). We were able to make a clean break from diapers (when he was ready to be dry during the day) and present him with his special "overnight underpants" (that also got used for long car trips, etc).
    My sweet boy 8/06
    My beautiful girl 10/09

I agree that disposable training pants are basically like diapers at this stage (they'll be of limited use later when they're actually PT'd and, say, they're in for a long ride in the car). Cloth training pants are the only ones that actually serve their purpose (training).

Only you and DC can answer question #1. I suppose you can put her in cloth training pants and see how she does, but it won't be a great indicator, since she'll have lots of accidents during this stage (whether she's truly ready or not). She may truly hate the wet pants, too, and that will be a setback to your training.

Thanks for the suggestions. i spoke to my mom and she said to try cloth training pants because they will help with her understanding that she is wet.

anyone know where i can get cloth training pants that will fit a skinny 15 mo old?

Quote Originally Posted by sansdieu View Post

Only you and DC can answer question #1. I suppose you can put her in cloth training pants and see how she does, but it won't be a great indicator, since she'll have lots of accidents during this stage (whether she's truly ready or not). She may truly hate the wet pants, too, and that will be a setback to your training.
    she is good at telling us that she went, but when she gets that look we'll ask and she'll say no and run away. maybe we have to wait a bit long?

I'd guess that if she is really tiny, custom training pants might be a good option. There are lots of WAHMs that make them, on www.hyenacart.com and probably some on etsy.com too. GL!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    I'd guess that if she is really tiny, custom training pants might be a good option. There are lots of WAHMs that make them, on www.hyenacart.com and probably some on etsy.com too. GL!
    thanks so much! i didnt even think of custom. that might be the way to go since right now she is wearing shorts from last summer (6 mo size) which is great because i dont need to buy new shorts!

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My almost three year old is super skinny too, and just over 23 lb. I need dispo pullups for daycare that are skinny. He wears 7th gen size 4. I think i tried the smallest pamper size i had left over from DS1, and they were too big. Any other brands that run smaller?
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

Quote Originally Posted by nupe View Post
    My almost three year old is super skinny too, and just over 23 lb. I need dispo pullups for daycare that are skinny. He wears 7th gen size 4. I think i tried the smallest pamper size i had left over from DS1, and they were too big. Any other brands that run smaller?
    The Huggies pull-ups have the velcro sides so you can make them tighter. I used those on DS2 who is super skinny. I first bought the Pampers Easy Ups and they were way too loose.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast