Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Did anyone watch the Idol finale? (Brett Michaels fans click here!)

spoiler
    Really? Lee won? I just don't get it. He seems like a nice enough fellow, but I really think he's going to go the way of Taylor Hicks. Maybe not that bad, but he's certainly not going to be Carrie Underwood, or even Fantasia. I hope Crystal has a big career.

I was SHOCKED to see Brett Michaels show up singing and playing a guitar! WTF? Dude, relax already. He looked pretty good. I saw him off to the side before the spotlight went on, and I thought no way!

I was almost as surprised by Christina Aguilera, it doesn't really seem like her scene.

And what was with the stroll through the 1970s? I was really surprised they had so many older acts perform. The Bee Gees? Hall & Oates? Michael McDonald? Joe Cocker (honestly, I would have said "dead" if you asked me "dead or alive".) Don't get me wrong, I like to dance and sing to 70s music, but it just seemed like an odd choice for an Idol finale...that music is actually before MY time, I'm wondering who their audience is.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

viba424 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Haha, I thought that too about the old acts. Im sure 75% of the audience was thinking "who the heck is that"?

Brett Michaels, wow. What did you do this week? Oh, I had a stroke, won the apprentice, played Idol. How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by viba424 View Post

Brett Michaels, wow. What did you do this week? Oh, I had a stroke, won the apprentice, played Idol. How about you?
    I was thinking that too. It seems like he's made an amazing recovery and I guess he's now living life for the moment but still, take care of yourself and relax and enjoy your daughters!
    Debbie

I thought Bret Michaels mostly showed up to show everyone that he's fine. Especially since I think he's supposed to start a tour soon. Idol was probably a sort of stress test.

I don't think Lee or Crystal will have much of an Idol career. This has pretty much been the worst season to date, and they're going to have that albatross around their necks dragging them down for awhile. Lee's sound is also pretty common right now, if the vh1 countdown is anything to go by. Crystal sounds more unique, but I'm not sure of her target base. And given the choice, there are still other Idol alumni that I'd prefer to go see in concert before either of them. Of course, I wish them both luck, but I won't be surprised when they both drop of the radar.

Mother to a precious little Kitten

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I saw Bret on Leno this week too! I had never heard him speak and I didn't know his speaking voice was so sexy.
    yes I think Lee=Taylor as well.
    I thought Crystal was great.
    I changed the channel after the Bret performance actually. I can't deal with AI without my DVR.
    DD
    DS

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    I changed the channel after the Bret performance actually. I can't deal with AI without my DVR.
    Heh, I don't usually watch results night except the last few minutes to see who gets the boot. I understand why the result's show will probably never be cit down to the 30 minutes it should be, but it's 3/4 fluff, 1/4 useful stuff. We had it on in the background while we played with DD. I tuned in about the time of the Dane Cook "Simon Says" bit. I feel like I need to loan him some money so he can get a clue.

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Every time the contestants would start singing a song DH and I would look at each other and say, "No way...the fill-in-the-blank?!" It was so random and bizarre. The Bee Gees, really? I'll admit I was lovin' me some Hall and Oates. If Phil Collins had been there I may have passed out!!!!

I agree with pp who said most of the audience was probably like, who...what?! I was feeling pretty old.

Did anyone else think Janet Jackson sounded A LOT like Michael last night- on purpose? I closed my eyes a couple times and couldn't believe how much it sounded like him.

I really didn't care who won last night. I thought Crystal SHOULD have won after their performances the night before. It will be interesting to see how they both do down the line.

Was there a winner missing last night? I thought this was season nine, but there were only 7 past winners singing (Lee making 8). It's been driving me crazy!

Oh...and Carrie Underwood is by far the best. Her stage presence last night was so great. It's amazing how far she's come since the beginning of her Idol days.

ETA: Back to the original question. I couldn't believe Bret Michaels was performing. Wasn't he just limping on Apprentice on Monday? Amazing, but I hope he takes it easy.

David Cook was missing, I believe. I would have also liked to see Adam Lambert, but he came down with laryngitis.

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheburashka View Post
    David Cook was missing, I believe. I would have also liked to see Adam Lambert, but he came down with laryngitis.
    Ahhhh....thank you! I could NOT figure it out! I kept thinking Daughtry and then remembered he didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheburashka View Post
    I was wondering where these two guys were!
    Cathleen
    Mom to DS 8, DD 5 and a Greyhound Princess

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast