Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a wall mount shelf one - I like it a lot. I can't find a similar one on line, but I love having the pots I use every day right there.

Quote Originally Posted by alien_host View Post
    We have one and had the same one at our old house. I love it because it frees up the cabinet space. They do get a bit dusty. That roasting pan on top does need to be cleaned before I use it since I only use it 1-2 times a year.

Every day pots are fine. More obscure ones may need a rinsing. Since it is far from my stove they don't get grimey but dusty. If we have a party, I tend to remove the really low hanging ones...they big frying pan and the larger boiling pot with the long handle.

We had it anchored to the ceiling joist. DH did it at our old house and our contractor did it in this picture, mainly b/c he happened to be here.

Here is a picture for you.
    what a gorgeous kitchen!! can i come over for dinner?

thanks for the input. i'm actually wondering if the hanging thing will even work in our kitchen, here's a photo (decorated by the previous owner, i think we will probably paint the walls as this is a little too lemony for my taste--any suggestions welcome! ): i'm afraid since it's a wraparound counter, the hanging rack will look a bit cluttered. though there's not a large wall space to install a wall rack either. hmm....

big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

m448 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boogiemomz View Post
    what a gorgeous kitchen!! can i come over for dinner?

thanks for the input. i'm actually wondering if the hanging thing will even work in our kitchen, here's a photo (decorated by the previous owner, i think we will probably paint the walls as this is a little too lemony for my taste--any suggestions welcome! ): i'm afraid since it's a wraparound counter, the hanging rack will look a bit cluttered. though there's not a large wall space to install a wall rack either. hmm....

Our kitchen has a similar setup and we have ours hanging over the counter wraparound. We put large screw eye hooks directly into the studs from which the chain hangs. The pot I bought on ebay about 10 years ago from a guy that did ironwork and it's been hanging in this home for 7 years now. I don't have the dust issues but our pots get a ton of use all the time and since they're not over the stove it probably helps.
    Herding my flock of 4 kids, all 12 and under.

If you do it over the sink you can hang the pot up wet to dry up there. (Yes, I am lazy.)
    Catherine

m448 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    If you do it over the sink you can hang the pot up wet to dry up there. (Yes, I am lazy.)
    Catherine
    Yup although we had to compromise since hubby's 6'4" and it would have bothered him to have those pots near his head while doing dishes. Then finding the right height for the pots to hang over the counter that wouldn't require a stepstool for me (I'm 5'1") was another challenge.
    Herding my flock of 4 kids, all 12 and under.

i would also worry about blocking the natural light, since we have windows right above the sink. other wise i the idea of letting the pots and pans drip-dry over the sink!! all about reducing necessary labor!
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

kboyle is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

we have one over our island/stovetop and LOVE it. it's a wrought iron or something similar and is on a vaulted ceiling with 2 skylights and we haven't had any issues with it becoming loose or anything and we have quite a few things hanging, a roasting pot on top like pp and 2 cast iron skillets, so it's good on holding it's weight.

any higher and i wouldn't be able to reach, but i think it is a bit low since some frying pans are low enough to hit me in the head when i'm cooking. and like pp they do get dusty. the regular use ones are ok, but some aren't. the ones that aren't do get a bit grimey, but when i start to notice that i just stick them in the dishwasher even if they aren't going to be used so that nothing accumulates in terms of stickyness.
    Kristine, Supermommy to
    Charlie (6/2003), Max (8/2005) & Ernie (5/2007)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2