Default Facebook apps and privacy?

I got a request to play Lexulous, which I think I would enjoy, but when I went to confirm it, it says this:

"Allowing Lexulous access will let it pull your profile information, photos, your friends' info, and other content that it requires to work."

what is it going to do with my info and more importantly, my pictures? Will this override my setting that says only friends can see my pics?

and if any of my friends have this app (and I assume other apps), what is it doing with my info? How much can it see?
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't know, but there have been many games/pages I've wanted to be part of but won't do it because it says that.

I think they are changing the privacy settings- again- to change that. I hope so!

tamie is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

DH has a separate facebook account with a bogus name to play games. this keeps his info private and he doesn't have a bunch of "friends" with his personal information.
    Tamie
    Blessed in April 2005 with boy/girl twins Katie & Brady

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

tmarie's approach might be the answer. For me, I don't ever ever ever engage in applications. I did at first, but then I understood the implications. That coupled with the FB creator's feelings about Internet Security (despite his recent mea culpa, which I don't believe he cares about security for one second) has just really made me unwilling to go there. I also almost never "like" a page or join or whatever the heck it is now, and I never ever sign a petition, cuz I just don't trust how that info will be used, shared, and, frankly, judged. Sucks, I know.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.