Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Circling the area on yourself is a good idea. Another thing is to mark on the calendar when you found it as symptoms can show up later...and the doc will ask when you were bit and I'd probably not remember.

Hopefully it turns out to be nothing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Thanks for all the replies - I'm calling my primary care doctor first thing in the morning.
    What did they say? Were they able to get the head out? How?

I found two on dd (she felt the first one bite and I did a quick prelimanary check and found the tiniest tick I have ever seen on her. The first one I got out without a problem and looked it up. It is a lone star tick- creepy! The second one I had a really hard time with, the head is still stuck in. I have no idea how to get it out and she is still flipping out!!!!

I hate tick season!!!!!!!!!
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaKath View Post
    What did they say? Were they able to get the head out? How?

I found two on dd (she felt the first one bite and I did a quick prelimanary check and found the tiniest tick I have ever seen on her. The first one I got out without a problem and looked it up. It is a lone star tick- creepy! The second one I had a really hard time with, the head is still stuck in. I have no idea how to get it out and she is still flipping out!!!!

I hate tick season!!!!!!!!!
    I'm so sorry your DD got bitten. I was telling DH I was so glad it was me and not one of the boys.

My doctor's office said to watch for symptoms for the next week - if I have any symptoms I'm supposed to call so they can see me. The receptionist said the test they run for Lyme wouldn't pick anything up until 1+ weeks. I feel fine so far so I'm going to wait it out. The head is out - it must have fallen out at some point last night or this morning.

A friend has lyme and when we were concerned that DH might have it last summer he said that a negative test can occur if you are not tested in the right window of time. A neg can occur within the first 30 days of exposure. So if you have a test soon and have any doubts definitely get retested. Sending you good health bbb vibes!!!

Good Luck!

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Glad the head feel out on it's own. I had a tick in our wooded area in CT, and the natives there told me to make sure to get the head out. It was buried in my collarbone, so I had to go to the Dr. and she dug it out. I was pretty sure it had been in for less than 24 hrs, so we weren't worried about lyme.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2