Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Embarrassing pregnancy moments?

I was just sick in public. Nothing says "glamour" like puking on your shoes in the Target parking lot.

My one consolation is that I am OBVIOUSLY pregnant so no one gave me a dirty look.

So come on, mamas. Share your most embarrassing pregnancy moments with the BBB.

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm not a supervisor, but I often help supervisors re-train and problem solve with employees who get up to mischief. I was in a private office with a manager and a director (both women, both friends of mine). My non-maternity pants were TOO tight, so I un-snapped and lowered the zipper a bit - not a problem with my two friends.

After strategizing for a while, the manager called in her fairly new super-macho (sorry guys, I hope not to offend) staff for some constructive problem-solving. The conversation was a bit intense. At one point, can't recall why, I needed to stand up and move towards the staff person. Yup - I'd forgotten the pants situation. Yup - they dropped. Fortunately my ample booty saved me from total disaster, but the damage was done!

Let's just say, the atmosphere in the room changed significantly. Actually, it turned out well in the long-run because the staff person and I bonded over a mutually awkward moment.

ewpmsw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This is not so bad, and I have my fingers crossed that nothing worse happens in the 3 months left in pg #2: When I was past my due date with DD #1, I stayed too long in a Hallmark store, trying to knock out several b-days, holidays, etc. that were coming up. They declined to let me use their restroom and suggested the grocery store across the strip mall. I explained that it was an emergency, showed them the thick stack of cards I was going to purchase - No luck. The embarrassing part of the story is the begging - "Please? Please? I don't know if I can make it!!!" and then waddling at top speed across the parking lot. Felt like everyone in the store was watching, although now I'm sure they couldn't have cared less.

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

this was/is embarassing to me...and I pray no one has noticed............but I've had horrible and sometimes painful gas with this pregnancy, especially in the first trimester. So there are many times when I'm shopping, just out in public, that I am walking and tooting/farting as people walk by because I just can't hold it in.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oh my! I don't think the puking is so bad, but pants falling down? At least they didn't go all the way. And, that Hallmark person should have had mercy! I remember driving my sister to her ultrasound and she threw up in the parking lot. She was so embarrassed, but I didn't think it was a big deal. At least it didn't get on her.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by newg View Post
    this was/is embarassing to me...and I pray no one has noticed............but I've had horrible and sometimes painful gas with this pregnancy, especially in the first trimester. So there are many times when I'm shopping, just out in public, that I am walking and tooting/farting as people walk by because I just can't hold it in.
    Meh- It's crop dusting... You're allowed! I just like to find an elderly gentleman and follow him when I have the toots- and then blame him if I make noise or they stink!

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by newg View Post
    I had this the first 12 weeks or so post partum. I remember reading about gas problems after a c-section but was not expecting this at all since I had a natural delivery and they didn't even have time to give me an IV so I have no idea why. Thankfully it has lightened up.

Oh, and when I was pregnant with DS1, I lived close to work so I would come home at lunch to take a cat nap - one day I fell asleep and slept two full hours - they were about to come to my house to make sure something I wasn't hurt.
    Last edited by jgenie; 05-26-2010 at 10:53 PM.

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smcdonald2 View Post
    I was just sick in public. Nothing says "glamour" like puking on your shoes in the Target parking lot.

My one consolation is that I am OBVIOUSLY pregnant so no one gave me a dirty look.

So come on, mamas. Share your most embarrassing pregnancy moments with the BBB.
    I was sick the entire time!!!! I think I puked in almost every bathroom in Knoxville! I had to keep bags in my car because sometimes I would only have time to pull over and hit the bag! In TN they have roadside assistance people who stop if you pull over on the interstate and I had to explain to the guy that nothing was wrong just had to puke. I had to get up 3 times in one meeting one time (and it was only an hour meeting!).

ewpmsw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fortato View Post
    Meh- It's crop dusting... You're allowed! I just like to find an elderly gentleman and follow him when I have the toots- and then blame him if I make noise or they stink!
    What a great idea!

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Here's another, to cheer up you currently having morning sickness... at about 2.5 months, I was SO sick but DH and I were desperate for some brain-dead entertainment. He was doing something urgent (can't remember what) so I did a fast video-store run.

On the way back, I was about to puke on the car rug, so I sped up a bit to get home. I didn't notice I was in one of those brief, stupid 25 mph zones that you get on main streets sometimes. A traffic camara zapped me going 34.

4 months later, I appeared (hugely pregnant) in traffic court armed with my incriminating photo. I pled for mercy, showing the judge my pic which clearly showed a grimacing, nauseated woman. Everybody in the courtroom laughed and he reduced the fine way down. He said that if it'd been a live cop stop, our local traffic cop would have forgiven me...because he's a father of 4 and understands these things!

And, yes, I've kept the picture.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast