Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default The thing I hate most about maternity tops

Why is every maternity top I see made for layering? They all have these wide v-necks and look cute with a cami underneath.... but (1) I don't have an umlimited supply of camis and I don't want to buy one for every shirt I buy and (2) it is 86 degrees out right now. I just want to wear a flippin' t-shirt!
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I found some cheap, cute, lightweight maternity t-shirts that do not require an additional layer at Old Navy. And the style doesn't look too maternity so you can definitely wear them after baby comes. Good luck!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I lived in my ON maternity tees last summer! They are running a Memorial Day sale right now, so maybe you'll score something nice?
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I recently bought these from ON. They run a touch on the big side so I would consider sizing down. The first two definitely don't need camis. They both have elastic at the hem so they could be good post partum to hide the belly then.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=759920002 in melon ball

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=753991022 in the pink and one in white

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=735150212 in black and white (these I am undecided about needing a cami underneath. I am learning toward being less self conscious with one on. also the white is pretty thin. the black doesn't seem as thin.)
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I think that they assume that pregnant women all have very large boobs, lol. I agree though, I remember with my last pregnancy being surprised by how low cut some of the tops were when I was in no way wanting to, "flaunt" anything up there.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

ewpmsw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I found some great maternity tees on JC Penney's maternity website back in Jan/Feb. Mine are plus, but it seemed like there was a lot of variety in regular and plus sized maternity tops. My tops are not fancy, but the material is soft and sturdy and has stood up to tons of washes. The shirts are made to accommodate preggo tummies, but also have a fitted look instead of being tent-like. I like things I've found on the ON site, but a lot of the their tees seem to be made of really thin material.

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I"ve been living in the Gap fitted Vneck cross tops!
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

ebjw is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

At this point, I don't care if it's partially see through. It's hot and my belly is huge!

I totally love the Liz Lange maternity tees at Target -- they are super lightweight (like tissue tees), crewneck, and cut long and lean. They come in long and short sleeve. I had a couple l/s for winter and just bought 3 more s/s for summer. They're very thin, but for the hot weekends that's just what I want. Also great for sleeping in.
    Emma in Bermuda
    Mama to furkids Beau and Mattie
    DS1 born June 2010
    DS2 born November 2012

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have a couple of those too. Love them!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast