Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We downgraded for much of the same reasons. We loved the house we had built but weren't keen on the neighborhood or schools. So moved into a smaller house in a better location with way better schools. Money is tight because I'm in school so we've just been doing stuff as we can. And like you, we've got a long list. I've done most of the painting. We've replaced most of the appliances. We've done the front yard and the hardscaping of the backyard. We've still got the flooring, counters and lighting to go. But we'll get there. Like you, we've got time. I just ignore the stuff I hate and decorate around it.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

dukie41181 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by tmahanes View Post
    I would soooooooo go for the house with the water and better yard.... you can't add those things later.

DD1: February 2009
    DD2: November 2010

maylips is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just have to add one more thing....when we moved into our house 4 years ago, all the rooms except the kitchen/LR were carpeted a forest green. It made me want to throw up. But once we moved everything in, I just quit noticing it after awhile. And I have to say, when the dog was the one to throw up on it, I didn't freak out!

Can we come visit you at the new place? Sounds pretty awesome - your kids will have great memories growing up with all that to do outside!
    Mom to my little girl 3/12/07
    ....and boy 8/04/09

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3