Unhappy Twins pushing over their cribs! HELP PLEASE!!!

I have a set of 27 month old twins who were constantly pushing over their cribs. We bought them toddler beds, which they adjusted to almost immediately which was a huge surprise. They slept fine the first night and every night since. The only problem is that they will not go to sleep at nap time now. They get up, turn on their light, and start playing. After two weeks of this now, I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown! By three of four every evening, they start getting extremely fussy and wanting to be held. Obviously I cant hold both of them, plus I have a six year old that I have to take care of as well. Is there a way I can tether their cribs to the wall? Ive heard of doing it with bookshelves and such, but not cribs. I have to do something. Their nap time is the ONLY time I get a break all day too, my husband works twelve to fourteen hours a day, so I dont have much help. I honestly think im about to lose my sanity. ANY suggestions would be very much appreciated.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'm confused, are they sleeping in toddler beds or cribs? You can use crib tents if they are still in their cribs.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I'm guessing you're thinking of putting them back in cribs and you want them to not push them around the room? I don't know if you can tether them. How are they pushing them? What if they're in the middle of the room, can they push them then?

I'd probably put a gate in the door, take the toys, etc out of the room, and leave them in toddler beds for naps. If there is nothing to play with, they might just fall asleep.
    Kris