Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I agree with the PPs - stock up on the hospital pads if you like them. I really liked the ones at our hosp and wish I had left with more. Always Overnights did the trick but were more plasticky feeling and not as comfortable.

for Sandy Hook

Another Depends/Always Overnights user. That way I didn't have to bother with underwear and could just toss it. The hospital stuff just leaked everywhere. Tucks witch hazel pads were amazing. Also used some hemroid (sp?) cream.

Default All natural options

Well I don't know if this matters to you or not, but 7th generation makes chlorine-free pads (just as they do diapers, wipes and tampons). I picked up a pack of their overnight pads (they come in both ultra thin and regular) for my upcoming birth. There are also a few other companies who offer organic/unbleached/all natural paper products.
    Also if you want to be really green (or if you find the paper/disposable pads irritating), you could get CLOTH pads. Weird I know but similar to CDs (just wash and reuse). GladRags is a good brand. Or even just keep a thick towel or two under you.

tryin is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ivegotayen View Post
    There's a kind made by Always that are enormous, designed for overnights. They come in a purple package. The pads actually have two sets of wings: one set in the middle and one set in the back. I used them during a m/c once. They work really well if you're lying down a lot and needing something with mongo capacity.

I picked up a package of those, along with a package of Always Infinity Overnights. The infinity pads are not as full coverage and don't have the ubercapacity, but they have a sort of foam layer that makes them really comfortable.

Most hospitals also provide you with some, I hear, that somehow work with disposable panties. (?) Several of my friends have mentioned they actually liked these and made sure to take home the remaining supply the hospital provided them when they were discharged.

So, in for me, that's three options. I feel like I should be covered.

I completely agree with everything here. the Always purple pack is the BEST find ever. I would also ask for as many hospital pads as they will give you and the mesh undies. Remember anything that is disposable or that you open is yours anyway.

I love the Johnson & Johnson brand of breast pads and the Lansinoh are come in second (they bunch).

tryin is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Oh and I know you didn't ask, but make sure to bring home and use the peri bottle (LOVE) and if they give you Dermaplast spray, keep it right by your toilet. (Heavenly).

I used the hospital diaper size pads and pantyhose type panties in the hospital. By the time I checked out, I was able to use my own undies and pads. The hospital did send me home with a package of maxi pads, but they were super thick and uncomfortable. I just used Always Ultra which were thinner. Wings or without is a personal preference. I prefer wings when I'm bleeding heavy.

I was just at CVS and I saw they had this thing called "Hospital Style" pads, they were down on the bottom shelf in the corner, in the pad/tampon aisle. Thought I would mention it, I'd never seen that before!
    Also, Depends seem like a good idea. Helps with the incontinence issue too!
    -Sara

DD- Veronica, 6/26/06 future astronaut/ princess
    DS- Oliver, 5/1/09 looking spiffy in his DOCband

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    I agree with the PPs - stock up on the hospital pads if you like them. I really liked the ones at our hosp and wish I had left with more. Always Overnights did the trick but were more plasticky feeling and not as comfortable.
    A month before I found out I was finally pregnant with this baby, I threw away all those GIGANTIC Saddle Pads that I got from the hospital when I had Jack. I wish I had kept them. They were perfect for when I first got home and wasn't going to leave the house.... Then I moved on to Always overnights- but that was 4 years ago. I have been using Kotex pads for my "light bladder leakage" because they have wings and I don't have to worry about the bunching up that kept happening with the Poise pads.

I'm glad I found this thread, because, I've become a devoted user to my Diva cup and haven't needed pads in so long.....

Thank you ladies for the info!!

I brought as many of the ice pack pads home from the hospital as they would give me. I loved those!!!

With ds2 I ordered a bunch of cloth pads topped with organic velour and they were heavenly!!! Just toss them in the wash on hot, throw them in the dryer (no fabric softener sheets) and they're good to go again. There are alot of sellers over on hyenacart ~ mine were all from Shandelle (todzwife). They are my typical shower present for all my pg friends.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Okay, the hemmorhoid cream that I was talking about in previous post was dibucaine, there is a brand name version called Nupercainal (DH bought some in a B&M Walgreens). The hospital sent me home with the generic Dibucaine 1%.

What they had me do until I felt more "comfortable" was to take 3 tucks/witch hazel pads lay them on top of the pad/depends (overlapping the circles), then squeeze a line of the dibucaine (as long as you think you need). I used LOTS of the stuff, and it made me feel so much better. I think it also keeps the pads from sticking to you.

Costco has tucks. You literally want a Costco sized amount. And if you have more than one bathroom see if you can get an extra peri-bottle from the hospital (so you have it where you need it).

Oh, and you might want some nipple cream/lanolin etc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast