Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Stayfree Overnights w/wings are what I used for the most part. I did get some Always Infinity at the hospital and those were okay too. I had never been a fan of Always because of the dry weave, but these weren't so bad.

Nursing pad wise I am currently using Medela disposables, they are okay, but I probably won't buy them again. I started using Lasinoh, which I had used for most of my bfing with DD1, but didn't like them at all this time; I think they changed them. Once I am done with the Medelas I will most likely use Johnson & Johnson which I used with tail end of bfing DD and they were just as nice as the Lasinohs.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

These are the Always purple packs I mentioned earlier.

Turns out the outer wrapping is more black than purple... But you can see on the label how the second pair of wings works in the back. You're totally covered when you are laying down.

There are different Always Overnights, but these kind give you the most coverage and absorbency.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

OMG, I forgot to respond about breast pads.

I bought myself some Lansinoh brand "Soothies" before I went to the hospital thinking I could keep a set in the fridge and a set on me if I was in pain. This was logical, but since you have to wipe the residue off your boob after you remove the pad & before you pump or nurse, it's a PITA. So I got Gerber brand hot/cold gel compress packs for soothing soreness.

I used the Lansinoh brand pads because I got an unopened pack from my sister who gave up on BFing my nephew. They are OK, but a little stiff and the individually wrapped pads just seem so wasteful!

I also bought washable pads from Pea in the Pod (via Destination Maternity) which I like OK in a pinch, but they do get funky.

My disposable of choice are Philips/Avent Eco-Friendly. They are smaller in diameter than the Lansinoh and the adhesive tape is narrower, but they are softer and thicker ... and flushable in a pinch!!!

Lastly, I also use LilyPadz when going out with DH. They're supposed to stop leaks before they start. Whether they do or not is irrelevant to me; they don't leak and I can nurse DD immediately when I remove them because they don't leave a funky residue like the Soothies.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I used the TENA pads. They are like the ones in the hospital. They are huge but after delivery they were a life saver.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

Default Organic reusable breast pads

BTW since we got talking about breastpads too, I thought I'd mention I got a six pack (three pairs) of organic cotton breast pads from a company called TLCare at BuyBuyBaby for only $5.99! Watch out though b/c the Green Sprouts brand costs the same for only one pair (but it looks like it is shaped so that might be why it's more) and for some reason Babies R Us sells the same TLCare pack as BBB but for $9.99! WTH!?! I have noticed that BRU charges more for organic products in general than BBB. Kinda like trying to get affordable organic food at a regular supermarket vs. going some place like WholeFoods or Trader Joe's. The main stream store just doesn't have the demand necessary for offering a discount the healthfood store can give...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4