maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Article on dangerous batteries

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/0...ries/?emc=eta1

Dh just sent me this. We have two musical bday cards that are going to disappear, and we will tape over our bathroom scale. We are normally lax, but recently decided Laurel has such risky behaviors that we really have to step our our babyproofing. EVERYTHING goes into her mouth. Yesterday she (long story) got hold of a fragment of her cousin's pyridium (sp?) and chomped it up. I didn't realize it until I picked her up, saw little crumbs on her chin, and wondered why her drool was all yellow.

We really didn't know we even had these batteries, until Dh saw the article. Who'd a thought they'd be in greeting cards, something Laurel loves to chew (shudder).
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I never would have imagined. DD has a musical greeting card she LOVES to open and dance around too (it plays the "Happy Days" theme song). I've got to find it now and pitch it.... I trust her but I know DS would gobble it up if he saw it on the floor!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

My mom told me about this a few months ago....it really is scary. DD#1 never put anything in her mouth. Ds #2 is a totally different story.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09