Default Day trips from Boston

We'll be in Boston for a week in July for a friend's wedding. Is it worth trying to take some day trips outside of the city or should we just stick with Boston vicinity? What day trips would you recommend with a toddler? DH has never been to the east coast. I spent 6 weeks on the cape one spring and did several day trips from there, as well as having visited Boston proper many years ago. I've looked at threads on things to do in Boston so I think I have some ideas on that. I'd hate to miss something great within driving distance though because we aren't likely to be back in that part of the country again soon.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Well so it sort of depends. You can see a ton in Boston. You could drive down to the cape or better yet take a high speed ferry to Provincetown (1.5 hr boat ride) and walk around Ptown and the beach. You could go up to Salem, MA and see the witch museum (but this isn't my first choice). If it were me I might do ptown and call it good.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

As the PP said, there is a lot to do in Boston itself. That said, if I was visiting Boston in the summer, I would not miss a day trip to Walden Pond. Love love love Walden. You could also consider a day trip to Cape Cod.

for Sandy Hook

If you do a day trip to the Cape, make sure to go during the week to avoid the worst traffic.

You could also do a day trip to York, ME or Ogunquit, ME. Both have wonderful beaches and fun shops. Portsmouth, NH is another fun place for a day trip
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**