View Poll Results: Graco or Chicco infant (car) seat? Why?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Graco

54 56.84%
  • Chicco

35 36.84%
  • other (please explain)

6 6.32%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

We got the Graco 32 but seriously considered the Chicco as well, each is a top pick in the Baby Bargains book. Another option mentioned in the book is to skip the infant seat and get a convertible seat and use it rear facing which meant purchasing two seats. As first timers me and dh werent too comfortable with that and there are so many more options, it seemed overwhelming.

I was not bothered by the Graco color schemes. Any would fit my snap n go bought off craigslist so dh picked the color and the combo worked out perfectly.
    First Time Mom 01/2010 to ds, a true independent spirit!

We got the SN22 -- it was well reviewed, super easy to LATCH in (once we realized our car has LATCH...silly first time parents), and it works with our Grace Sweetpeace baby swing. Like a PP, we also got the Sachi print from Albee Baby. DS isn't born yet, but we've installed the seat and practiced adjusting it, and it seems pretty easy.
    Emma in Bermuda
    Mama to furkids Beau and Mattie
    DS1 born June 2010
    DS2 born November 2012

Chicco - because I had a preemie & she was only 4lbs, 3 ozs when she came home (too small for the Graco.) The Chicco is SUPER easy to install (both with and without the base.) I wasn't crazy about the sunshade at first, but after awhile I realized I could just unsnap it from the back of the seat and push it further forward if needed.

DD still fits in the Keyfit 30, although we're all done carrying it around now. We keep the Keyfit in one car and her new Britax Blvd in the other.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Graco SnugRide22.

At the time, it was b/c of 3 main reasons:

1) it was physically small, which was nice cuz we're small people and wanted as light a load as possible, plus our garage at the time was tight so every millimeter was precious.

2) I wanted the smaller weight so I could pick a cool convertible sooner (shhh, don't tell DW that)

3) it was one of two choices we had that had an adaptor for our Bugaboo; later, this ultra compatibility became one of the primary reasons why I still recommend the Graco over the Chicco.

We got the Graco snugride 32 in lemongrass. We wanted a seat that would last a long time, so it was either the SR32 or the Keyfit 30. I had a hard time deciding and, in the end, I chose the one that was less expensive-- I figured there was no need to pay more unless I had a reason to! I definitely recommend a higher-weight seat; although we installed a convertible in my car, we still use the infant seat in DH's car (and the odd times my parents drive DS around) - we just don't carry it around with us anymore. The portability is handy from time to time, and it allowed us to buy just one convertible seat at a time. From what we've heard from friends, although there are differences btwn the SR and the KF, they aren't huge. Although adaptors (for strollers, etc) do seem to be more readily available for the Graco. If that's an issue for you, I'd say go with Graco... otherwise, just choose the one you like best.

ebjw is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

The Chicco seemed more solid- the Graco's seemed like flimsy plastic to me and didn't seem well-made/high quality

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Chicco for this baby because 1) DS's snug ride is too old but mostly because the grace doesn't fit in DH's car!

Britax Companion (since discontinued and replaced by the Chaperone), manufactured in 2008. I bought it from a (totally trustworthy) dear friend who used it less than 9 mos with her daughter, who was 99th percentile and outgrew it rapidly.

It can be a little tricksy to get in and out of the base, but on the other hand, we were able to pick up additional bases for $40 because the seat was discontinued, so both grandmas have bases. The seat has been great and I love the head support. However, it's heavy as heck, and DD is already 14 lbs at 3.5 mos, so I get a workout every time I lift it.

I am already seriously looking at convertibles because I don't think I'll be able to tolerate dealing with the infant seat much longer; as soon as she has more trunk control and is a little bigger, I think we're going to buy a Radian (when we can get one on a crazy sale).
    Michelle
    Miss E: 2/25/2010
    Baby Noname: EDD 10/10/2016
    Naughty kitties: Leo, Billy, and Dora

I got the Graco SnugRide a little over 2 years ago and I was very happy with it. I assume it was mostly because the BuyBuyBaby associates recommended it as safe and popular. I had also looked at consumer reports at the time I believe. It worked very well with the Graco carseat frame - it was such a convenient system!

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

just wanted to add...my SIL has an Evenflo infant seat and i LOVE the handle part..the top part is in a "z" pattern so you can more easily carry it. i didn't even know this existed till after my son was born and i saw my niece's carseat and how easy it was to carry by hand. wow, had i known, i might have gotten Evenflo instead of Snugride. I hated carrying around the infant seat, it is soo awkward to carry...even more so with 15 lb baby in it!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast