Question Recommend your favorite cloth pads

Since I am planning on using cloth diapers for our first born, I figured I should probably consider using cloth pads for post-delivery. Since I haven't used pads in over 10 years, the thought of those thick plastic pads doesn't sound appealing anymore.

What are your favorite cloth pads? I've seen GladRags, Willow Pads and Lunapads online.
    DD 6/10

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i've used lunapads before. comfy, cute patterns, very nice customer service.

i didn't use them for post-delivery though. i got a lot of disposabes from hospital anyway. didn't want to deal with washing pads etc while having a newborn. IMO washing pads is more complicated than washing cloth dipes. also, to have enough cloth pads (especially for the insane *waterfall* amt of blood that comes out in the few days/weeks postpartum) you'd need to spend a decent amt of $$, or do laundry like multiple times a day.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 06-05-2010 at 11:48 PM.

I've gotten some from these WAHM's over on hyenacart
    If they don't have anything up for sale right now, you can always contact them and see if they have time to do a custom order

Go with the Flo ~ http://hyenacart.com/GoWithTheFlo/
    Pink Lemonade ~ http://hyenacart.com/pinklemonade/
    Ama'z Padz ~ http://hyenacart.com/AmazPadz/
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You could also go with something disposable but unplasticky, like Seventh Generation overnights. You'll only need them a few weeks, so not sure it's worth investing in a large number of cloth pads.

for Sandy Hook

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Bought some new ones this time around for post partum, and my favs hands-down were the Pink Lemonade ones. I think Domino on hyenacart gets good reviews too. I have some other cheapos, but I really like the P.L. ones. I bought some cheaper postpartum pads (the huge honkin ones) since they won't be used as much. I bought nicer 8 and 9 inch pads and pantiliners, since I'll use those more often (and the pantiliners are a nice backup for the diva cup once AF returns)
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

I bought some Ultimate II pads from www.hyenacart.com/homesteademporium for PP, and they were wonderful. I use them overnight now (Diva during the day) and am really happy with them. She has great nursing pads too!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MommyAllison View Post
    I bought some Ultimate II pads from www.hyenacart.com/homesteademporium for PP, and they were wonderful. I use them overnight now (Diva during the day) and am really happy with them. She has great nursing pads too!
    Yes! I use her pantywraps as a backup to my diva cup and love them. She's got excellent customer service too!
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

Thank you all for your recommendations! The homestead emporium and pink lemonade ones look great, but they are both sold out of the ones you suggest. I am due July 12 and homestead emporium is taking custom orders for postpartum pads only for those due July 15 or after. On the hyenacart pink lemonade website, I couldn't find a way to contact or e-mail someone about placing a special order. I probably don't have enough time now...

The lunapads look nice too, but they seem pricey. Although if that's my only option it's worth it because they will last a long time and I can use them for my next pregnancies too.

BTW, I have never heard of hyenacart and I've seen that and etsy mentioned several times on this message board. Can anyone shed some light on these two?
    DD 6/10

Quote Originally Posted by firemama View Post
    On the hyenacart pink lemonade website, I couldn't find a way to contact or e-mail someone about placing a special order. I probably don't have enough time now...
    Her email is [email protected]

On the menu running down the L side of the screen ~ last link under info "Contact Sue" If you click on that it will take you to email.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**