Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Goody Bags

Wikki stix, Yummy Earth lolli's.

For DD's B-day we did an earth friendly theme, we gave earth boxes (had a reusable bag, book and stickers) bought for $2 on clearance at B&N, with a little recycled animal book per kiddo. One bag per family, with the wikkis and lollis.
    Mama to Bumbee. A VERY busy girl...
    Making me a VERY Mama.

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    So make it a pizza theme. Have pizza slice shaped invites, they sell "pizza" party supplies, make the goody bag a jar of pizza sauce and a recipe for or ingredients for dough (depending on how ambitious you are).
    This was my thought- a pizza theme! You could play up an Italian restaraunt look with red and white table cloths. I love the thought of sauce, my thought was a mini Boboli crust, lol. If you wanted to have the kids "make" pizza at the party, you could get English muffins, sauce, cheese, and pepperoni and do a make and bake activity that they get to eat.

Here are some other ideas, you might need to play with the age levels a bit, but it should get you started.
    http://partythemeplace.com/party-themes-2
    http://www.paperpotpourri.invitation...ent/pizza.html
    http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/party...arty-theme.htm
    http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/ht...a_party_6.html

Oh and I had a thought for "Cake"- a friend of mine makes her kids a giant chocolate pizza. It is a giant cookie covered with white chocolate, milk chocolate, whoppers, chocolate wafers, etc. Yummy!!! Not traditional but perfect with ice-cream.
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

We just had dd's 7 year birthday party. We had a Hawaiian theme so everybody got a lei (boys shell, girls flower) and that was it. I felt very brave for forgoing the goody bag. I despise them no matter how high quality the stuff is inside them. Last year we did a pottery painting party at a shop so we considered the pottery the goody. When I was a kid, the goody bag was to carry home any prizes we won in the party games-not just a bag of junk handed out at the end.

lcarlson90 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have also decided that I would rather buy one more expensive item for each child that can actually be used rather than a bunch of junk. We did a superhero themed party for my DS and we bought each child a personalized felt cape and wristband from Etsy. My sister is doing personalized Camelbak water bottles for her DS's birthday.
    Gavin 7.30.08
    Dylan 2.24.05

I hate goody bags too because they're either full of junk or so expensive! I love the balloon idea from a PP for 3 year olds. We did personalized cups for our DC's birthday one year. I just got white plastic cups from the dollar store and used permanent markers to write each child's name on it with a bit of decoration. I'm NO artist so they were quite simple. At the end of the party, I filled their cups (after washing them as they used them at the party), with a few pieces of candy and an inflatable ball for later. They were a huge hit and very simple too.

Beth

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

How many kids? And what is your 'crafty' level?

Last year I followed some online directions and appliqued each kiddo's first initial onto a tshirt I got on super sale at Michael's or somewhere like that. DD1 loves construction stuff so I used fabric with that print. It was inexpensive and really only cost me the time to make it. I'm a mid-crafty person. I can wield a glue gun and sew a crooked line so to me it was fun. I hadn't had a creative outlet for a while so I kinda got into it.

I really like the idea for the pizza party with Bobolis and sauce or something similar as the goody.

You know...just thinking here, but if you found some rolls of big butcher paper that could be the 'tablecloth' like at Italian restaurants where they have paper and crayons on the table. FUN!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I do t-shirts every year, spend about $10/shirt give or take a buck. Last year it was Peter Pan, so I had it say "Look at all the joy you'll find, when you fly to birthday 5!" Year before it was Incredibles, and the front had in Incredibles font, "Incredible Birthday!" with the family in line art. Year before that it was Madagascar with "It's a jungle out there, let's have a party!" (not my best work on that one). I hate the plastic bag o'crap, and I refuse to visit it on other parents, and do my best to deliver them from it. So there ya go.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

when dd was 4, we gave each guest a box of character bandaids (DD picked) and a kid toothbrush. all bought on sale at Target.

when she was 5, we gave each guest a letter pillow (letter to match the guest's first name initial). DD picked the fabric, helped me cut the pattern pieces, helped stuff and sew the pillows closed. guests all LOVED the pillows!

hth,
    anne

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I knew I had come to the right place for this question! Thanks for all the great advice. I'm not sure which of these ideas I'll do, but definitely one of them.

To answer questions, I'm not crafty at all... sadly. I like the pizza theme idea, but I also really like the idea of a small bucket with a sand toy since it's the start of summer.

kboyle is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fauve01 View Post
    when dd was 4, we gave each guest a box of character bandaids (DD picked) and a kid toothbrush. all bought on sale at Target.
    i totally think i might do this for Charlie's birthday!
    Kristine, Supermommy to
    Charlie (6/2003), Max (8/2005) & Ernie (5/2007)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast