Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Goody Bags

Mamma2004 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Last week was the third time in a row I have given the kids a book as a "goody"....and both they and the parents are thrilled every time! It's not inexpensive but wow, it surely beats the cheap junk we usually bring home.
    Stephanie

Mamma to James

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    DD's party was yesterday and we gave these
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/48859191...page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

They were a huge hit!
    I bought those based on this thread. They look so neat! I hope shipping winds up being cheaper. I hadn't noticed that it was $20 before I confirmed so I was just screwed. I don't know if I could have ok'ed it before I got that far either. I know she says she quotes the highest possible price and refunds the balance. $20 is painful though and it's kind of a bummer.

Beth

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Art supplies or stickers or cheap books or cheap music CDs are all non-junky options. For an older set (age 7) we are doing very small lego kits (it's a lego party). We got the store credit for the kits as part of the lego take home party package.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Decision is made on the goody bags- instead of giving out bags, I got each kid coming to the party these beautiful hand-woven crickets. I just got back from China and I bought these in the silk market from a vender that makes them in front of you.

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

A book, one of those small non-spillable bubble containers, matchbox car, mini playdough, gift cert. for a slice of pizza at your fav. place, a ball...just think of any one multi-purpose item you have in your house that's a few dollars.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

love your cricket idea! I'm sure they'll be a big hit!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My son is turning 3 in August and I'm thinking of making homemade bean bags as party favors -- maybe 3 per kid?

my son's FAVORITE take-home party favors have been helium balloons and those balloons that are a bit thicker and have a handle and you sit and "bounce" on.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post
    My son is turning 3 in August and I'm thinking of making homemade bean bags as party favors -- maybe 3 per kid?

my son's FAVORITE take-home party favors have been helium balloons and those balloons that are a bit thicker and have a handle and you sit and "bounce" on.
    and you could send home instructions to make a board for a bean bag toss game

spanannie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My kids are having their parties this weekend and at DD's party (6), we're giving the foam waterguns (called "Max Liquidator"), and at DS's party (8), we're giving Lego Star Wars key chains. I'm anti bag-o-crap, as well.
    Annie ~
    Mom three Junebugs: 9, 7 and 3

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I agree - I despise those goody bags. Do a search for goody bags and several threads should come up.

If you want to keep it simple, maybe a Baskin robbins gift certificate ($2) OR a book or puzzle, etc... I don't wrap them or use a bag, either, to save the earth. Those plastic bags are a major source of litter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast