Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: zofran?

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default zofran?

Did anyone take zofran for MS? I'm having a horrible time of it and my OB is calling it in for me today. Did it help?
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

hmmmm, anything you'd care to share????

NO experience with Zofran, but wanted to wish you H&H 9m.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Zofran was my best friend during my second pregnancy. It didn't totally relieve the nausea, but definitely made it very manageable. My only advice is to heed the warning that constipation can be a side effect. They're not kidding. Eat your fiber.

Congratulations! I hope you're feeling better soon!

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

don't know how i would have managed without Zofran in first trimester. i didnt' take it that often bc it was a class B med and i was paranoid about everything..i only took it maybe 6 times,and a half dose at that. but it did noticeably help the nausea. the only bad part is the side effects (mainly, constipation). worth it though, if you're really having trouble keeping things down. the next time i get preggo, i'll probably have to use it more often, given that i will already have another kid to take care of.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

in my book, zofran is always accompanied by colase. if you don't, you'll regret it.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I took Zofran with my younger DD. It was a lifesaver for me. At the time, I was only allowed 15 pills a month by my insurance, so I cut them in half. I also had a scrip for phenergan that helped me a lot (but doesn't help everyone). I would take phenergan until early afternoon (mid afternoon to evening was my worst time) and then take half a Zofran.

ETA: I did not have the issues the PP refers to , but I know that is a common effect.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've been on 1/2 a pill, 3x/day since January. I haven't had any side affects that can't be addressed by diet, and actually didn't know about that particular side affect until I'd been on it a few months. I thought my issues were just the ones common to pregnancy, not caused by the meds.

Before, my nausea was controlling my life. I spent all day trying not to get sick. The Zofran helps me be a much better mommy. I'm actually taking the generic, which is called Ondansetron, and highly recommend getting the dissolvable version, especially if you're interested in taking or are being prescribed 1/2 doses.

to you, because I know what you're going through!
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

thanks for the insight guys! I am taking the generic, I have a tablet but I will ask my OB if there is another version I can get. I am likely stuck with the tablet because I'm overseas and the pharmacy carries a limited supply. Hopefully I won't need it for too long! I'm already 12 weeks but I've been feeling horrible for about 6 weeks now and just trying to deal on my own. I finally got fed up this weekend and decided to make the call. I took the first pill this morning and I already feel 100% better! I will pick up some sort of BM helper at the store today just in case. Thanks for the heads up on that end
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Zofran was my savior both pregnancies. I had to take several a day. Congrats!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

zofran kept me out of the hospital but didnt relieve the nausea. I do much better on reglan & phenergan and a weekly trip to the iv clinic to rehydrate.

g'luck!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast