Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Swift Travels

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Swift Travels

So my Swift underwent its first true test today. First, DH was driving it and he is not a careful driver. Second, we took it from our home through the mean city streets to a huge park and then to the beach.

Obviously the stroller rocks paved trails and streets. How would it do across a whole park with a Hitch Hiker and 50+ pounds of kid plus DH driving it?

Brilliantly of course!

DH was able to push it easily through the uneven terrain in the park (very grassy in spots). My DH thinks spending money on strollers is a huge waste, but even he was impressed with the nifty Swift. He ran with it accross the park at times (DS1 was loving the crazy ride on the HH) and even charged up hills at the park with it. It is a true AT stroller ladies and gentlemen!

After our park stroll/charge, we took it accross a bridge to a beach near our "hood" in Chicago. The Swift charged up and down the bridge with ease and offered a super smooth ride to the kids. We then got to the beach and parked in the sand while the kids played. It looked so handsome in the sand! The nice canopy afforded DS2 plenty of shade while he had a snack at the beach. DS1, of course, opted for a dip in the lake, so he was soaking wet when it was time to leave.

I should not have worried though, since he was riding the HH, he rode with his 2 pounds of sand all the way home and once we were there, I simply gave the HH a few shakes and all the sand came off.

I wiped the Swift carefully and got rid of any sand in it because I want this beauty to last us a long time.

Even DH had to admit that the Swift rocks and gave it an A-. It might just have knocked the Maclaren Triumph of its pedestal (the Triumph is DH's fave).

He said he certainly likes it better than the BJCCD and is never using that "beastly double stroller" (his words) again.

What other stroller can do all this, only weigh 22 pounds and fold small enough for a car?

Check out some pics from our adventure.

P.S. The Valco HH came through with flying colors as well. It kept up with the Swift and DH!

http://picasaweb.google.com/LPMomChitown/SwiftTravels#
    Last edited by arivecchi; 06-20-2010 at 05:04 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do you know if the hitch hiker would work on the BJCC? I have been pondering something like that for my City Classic because that's the stroller I take to the zoo, etc that requires long outings and a lot of walking. DD#1, even though she's 4 years old, still gets tired quickly. Right now when we are at the zoo, for example, will ride on the foot rest for a while. It can make it very awkward to steer.

If the HH won't work, is there something out there that will?

The HH should work because it works with the BJCM and every other stroller I have tried it on! All of its parts are adjustable.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I forgot to add that DH loved the adjustable handle as he is tall. He found the Swift handle to be the tallest one he has used so far.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Nice pics! I would love to see this stroller in person. Glad you are liking it.

In the beach ramp pic, my husband's head would have been turned to the lady walking the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne74 View Post
    In the beach ramp pic, my husband's head would have been turned to the lady walking the dog.
    LOL! DH knows better than that!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    LOL! DH knows better than that!
    Mine doesn't.

Sounds/looks like a mean lil machine you've got there!

And Suzanne, tsk tsk ...would this be your husband's expression? LOL...I really just wanted to use that icon! My husband would probably do the same thing...uh hum, when I turn my back!
    Mommy to a "Fiery" DS we so lovingly call "The Beast" 12/31/08
    And our newest summer addition DS2 7/8/12

Quote Originally Posted by FieryOne1231 View Post
    Sounds/looks like a mean lil machine you've got there!
    That is exactly what the Swift is! A lean mean AT machine!

DH asked this morning whether I had posted his thoughts on the stroller. Yay! My stroller insanity is rubbing off on him (slowly but surely!)
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I just ordered the MB Swift-- thanks to your glowing reviews-- with the 20% off Albee Baby coupon-- I pricematched at diapers.com! I can't wait for it to come!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast