Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I almost forgot about High Park. I agree, that's a great place to go with a 6 month old. The train that runs through the park is a fun way to take a quick tour. There is a fun playground at the end of the train ride and a little pond with ducks in it. There are also walking trails through the park that you can take. The High Park zoo is not really anything special. It's really just some animals in encolsures at one end of the park. I would skip it unless you happen to be passing that part of the park anyways.

Riverdale Farm is another good idea. Yes, still free and stroller friendly . I don't remember a splash pad there, but we haven't been in over a year so my memory is a bit fuzzy.

Another good website is Help We've Got Kids - Toronto http://www.helpwevegotkids.com/toron...resources.html

Enjoy your trip!
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks again mikeys_mom. High Park does sound great, especially the train. i was worried about it being too hot to walk around much and do stuff outside but i just checked the Toronto weather and in general it seems so much better than here...highs of 85 or so whereas here it has been in the triple digits or close to it (ugh!).

i plan on bringing my stroller along for day trips etc but i will also bring a carrier (Pikkolo) to use on trains, etc (unfolded, the BJCM takes up a lot of room, not sure it would fit or be allowed on a train)

mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The train in High Park is pretty low-key. As long as you can fit the stroller on, I think it would be fine. We always bring our Quest and have never had a problem. I think a BJCM folded would fit, especially, since you are going to be there during a weekday when it is less crowded than on the weekends so you don't have to worry about it taking up space on a crowded train.

Yes, the weather is probably milder here than you are used to. It does change significantly from day to day. It can get hot and humid but not typically in June. It's usually the mid 20's celcius.
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2