View Poll Results: how long did u have to wear maternity clothes post-partum?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 3 months

57 72.15%
  • 3-6 months

7 8.86%
  • 6-12 months

8 10.13%
  • more than a year

7 8.86%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Why wouldn't exercise help with weight loss? So long as you don't eat back the calories you burn through exercise then you should be able to use consume fewer calories. Maybe it hasn't worked in the past but it could this time maybe? At the very least, it feels good to workout and you could be able to shift some stuff around. You mentioned earlier that you didn't do the gym b/c of childcare (I think?) but the childcare at my gym is fantastic. I have been taking ds2 since he was old enough to go. It's now one of his favorite places. I know that isn't in everyone's comfort zone though.

Beth

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am very pear shaped so I was able to wear regular clothes immediately after both pregnancies. However, when I was pg with DS, I actually lost weight so all my pre-pg clothes were too big. I still wear a pair of pg crops just because they are comfy. They are the style that sits under belly and have a drawstring, so they actually work pretty well for my figure.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

no one wants to hear this but i was back in my regular yoga pant in the hospital after the c-section and back in my size 2 lucky jeans in 2 weeks and went bikini shopping at 6 wks and was comfortable enough to walk out of th dressing room to show dh. dd was strictly ff but i heard that you arent suppose to loss weight if you bf if you are eating the extra 500 calories needed. sorry you are having such a hard time with the weight, but i would think that you could cut 200-400 calories without affecting bm production since you. an average woman (5'4") only needs 1400-1600 calories so given your weight i would think a non nursing woman would only need 1600-1800 calories + 500 for nursing = 2100-2300 calories daily.

cant speak on the exercising aspect, i dont do it but really need to.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DS2 is 2.5 months and I'm still 1-2 sizes up from my usual size. I probably wore maternity for the first month or less?

I just went out and refreshed my wardrobe w/ some inexpensive non maternity summer staples in 1-2 sizes up (wearing a 6/8 right now). It feels better having *real* clothes that fit, but I won't spend a lot.

I think with my other two kids it took maybe 6-8 months for me to be back in my normal size, maybe a little longer? I don't stress over it...it has always worked out.

eta: I also have overstretched "twin skin" minus the twins LOL. That always takes up a little room in my pants post partum. The postpartum BFing boobage (I'm normally a small B cup) also makes it tough to fit back into my small tops.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post

OP, have you had your thyroid checked? Like I said, I don't know anyone who took longer than a few weeks to lose their baby weight.

This was me. I never thought that my inability to lose the weight from J was related to my thyroid (despite having had a prior thyroid condition as a child/teenager). It wasn't until I found the right doctor and the right medication at the right dosage that I FINALLY started losing weight.
    And promptly got pregnant again, as soon as my TSH levels were all under control and weight was coming off.

Definately get your thyroid checked. Post-partum thyroiditis is a REAL issue for MANY women after pregnancy that manifests itself 4-7 months after the baby is born - you may be hypothyroid, which would explain the weight retention.

Hang in there, mama!
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6