Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I agree. I would have gladly bought used, but saving only $4k for a 3 year old van with 50,000 miles on it didn't make sense. I'm happy paying a bit more and having a nice warranty and zero miles on it to start.
    and carpet that WAS clean...

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    and carpet that WAS clean...
    True! Mine still is somehow...
    Kris

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I agree with pp's that a used ODdy with low mileage is going to be very close in price to a new one. We priced both when we were looking. We got a 2007, which has had 2 recalls so far.

BTW, I left the overhead lights on and the battery went dead. I'm trying to find the code to get the radio started again, but don't know where it is. The manual said it comes on a "card" with the manual, but I see no card. Can anyone tell me what this looks like? Sorry to hijack, OP.

ETA: After some goggling, I found it! In case anyone needs their radio code, you can get it from here https://radio-navicode.honda.com/
    Last edited by DrSally; 06-15-2010 at 09:47 PM.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Awesome tip, thanks for that link. We've needed our code a handful of times over the years and that card is finally tucked in a velcro-ed on visor pocket so I can find it next time.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    Awesome tip, thanks for that link. We've needed our code a handful of times over the years and that card is finally tucked in a velcro-ed on visor pocket so I can find it next time.
    I wrote it on the sticker in the glove compartment (the other place you're supposed to look for it).
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

When we were shopping for ours I remember how surprised I was that a used Odyssey wouldn't save us much money! This car holds onto its value like peanut butter on a pinecone! For us, we found our "great deal" in a new 2008 Odyssey that had some very minor hail damage. This is not uncommon where I live - one hailstorm and the dealership now has to discount all the cars sitting out in their lot. We paid $28,500 (UNDER the edmunds.com invoice price at the time) for an Odyssey EX-L (with the DVD player), tinted windows, rubber floor mats. The hail damage is BARELY noticeable. If you live in a hail-prone area you could look around for this (though it's kinda the wrong time of the year since hailstorms are typically springttime events).

eta - forgot to add the cargo tray (it's just a liner that fits in the cargo area, but GREAT for catching spills from improperly packed groceries, mulch or sand spilled from hauling landscaping supplies, etc.)
    Last edited by twowhat?; 06-16-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    When we were shopping for ours I remember how surprised I was that a used Odyssey wouldn't save us much money! This car holds onto its value like peanut butter on a pinecone! For us, we found our "great deal" in a new 2008 Odyssey that had some very minor hail damage. This is not uncommon where I live - one hailstorm and the dealership now has to discount all the cars sitting out in their lot. We paid $28,500 (UNDER the edmunds.com invoice price at the time) for an Odyssey EX-L (with the DVD player), tinted windows, rubber floor mats. The hail damage is BARELY noticeable. If you live in a hail-prone area you could look around for this (though it's kinda the wrong time of the year since hailstorms are typically springttime events).
    Ummm...I think it is still spring Hot, but still spring. Cool deal!

And by the way, several of us have played the "which Odyssey" game and most have determined that what the PP describes is the one that works well for lots of families. The floormat recommendation on here is weathertech, but I've yet to order mine. Totally need to do that!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Ummm...I think it is still spring Hot, but still spring. Cool deal!
    So I was off by a few days. Pooh!

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    So I was off by a few days. Pooh!
    Well, I only know that because my friend invited me to Chick-Fil-A with all our DC (2 moms, 5 DC) to get "free lemonade all summer" at the CFA near her. You buy a special cup on the first day of summer, and you get free refills all summer long. We went bright and early on Monday morning, only to learn that summer starts NEXT Monday. Not sure if it is a company-wide thing or just one store's promotion. Anyway, we had fun there.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We got our 2007 Touring in March of this year for $27K. It had a minor fender bender & that is why it was priced down. I got to see the accident report though, the repair reports & Honda certified it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast