Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    When we were shopping for ours I remember how surprised I was that a used Odyssey wouldn't save us much money! This car holds onto its value like peanut butter on a pinecone! For us, we found our "great deal" in a new 2008 Odyssey that had some very minor hail damage. This is not uncommon where I live - one hailstorm and the dealership now has to discount all the cars sitting out in their lot. We paid $28,500 (UNDER the edmunds.com invoice price at the time) for an Odyssey EX-L (with the DVD player), tinted windows, rubber floor mats. The hail damage is BARELY noticeable. If you live in a hail-prone area you could look around for this (though it's kinda the wrong time of the year since hailstorms are typically springttime events).

eta - forgot to add the cargo tray (it's just a liner that fits in the cargo area, but GREAT for catching spills from improperly packed groceries, mulch or sand spilled from hauling landscaping supplies, etc.)
    The Victory Honda in Sandusky OH had some with hail damage about 3 weeks ago. Mine got traded from there and our sales guy was told it arrived in Sandusky after the hail storm. So, if any one is in the market...
    Kris

It can be hard to find a lower priced used Ody but if you look hard and are willing to drive you can sometimes find a deal. We drove about 2 hours away from our city and bought an 08 Touring in 2009 for 30k. Most new Tourings at the time were at least 40k. We've been driving it for a over a year now and I am so sorry I didn't switch earlier. I tried the SUV route first and found that with multiple car seats it was hard to have extra people in the car.

diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

thank you all for your replies and suggestions..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3