Andi98989 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default American Airlines to China

Taking my first international trip with DH this fall - flying American Airlines from Chicago to Shanghai. Thought I'd start out with a nice short trip.

DH says that they'll give us meals on the plane; just trying to get a feel for what things will be like in terms of cost. Last time he went was 2005, so I'm sure things have changed. He got actual meals and all his beverages (including beer/wine) free of charge. With what I'm paying for this ticket, I'd love for that to be the case, but who knows these days!
    DS1 - Oct. '09

I believe for long haul flights like yours they serve meals for free. Non-alcoholic beverages are free, too, but I'm pretty sure they charge for beer and wine. I'm sure if you take a look on their website, they'll have a section explaining what is included in-flight.
    Have a good trip!
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

On international flights, meals are still provided. In economy, alcohol is extra, but in business class and above is comped.

ETA: Also, on international flights, it is generally still free to check bags.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yes what Beth said. Never flown to China but to France and the UK. They have meals often / snacks. So you might be asleep when they are serving one but they come through enough. I do always bring some snacks etc. Alcohol is $ (6 a drink or so?).
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07