View Poll Results: Calender-paper, gadget or other?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phone/PDA/gadget

17 34.69%
  • Paper

26 53.06%
  • Other

6 12.24%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Family calender-paper or gadget?

I love my dinosaur Palm Z22 PDA but it's been acting a little testy lately and I fear it's days are numbered. My cell is just a phone and that wont be changing anytime soon so no Palm Pre (or the like).

If anyone knows about palms color coded calenders you feel my pain. I have not found anything like it, anywhere (which seems so crazy to me). Google calender is out..it has to be standalone.

So I've been thinking about going back to a paper calender. What's your choice?

lablover is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have a smartphone but I still use a paper calendar. I have a monthly calendar right now and I like being able to easily see what's going on for the entire month at once. I just have no desire to switch it over to my phone. I carry it to and from work.
    Mom to:
    DS - 2003
    DD - 2006

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Paper so everyone can easily see it.

Beth

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Well, my DC don't read yet, but DH and I both live by Google Calendar. Sadly, I told DD we'd put something on the calendar and she said, "What's that? Something on your ipod?"

Just DH and I for now. We use Google Calendar, which is well integrated into our Droid phones.

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

All about paper here. I love having it up in the kitchen and everyone can see it. I like looking back at calendars from past years for reference and I'm paranoid that technological calendars will have some kind of glitch or else will become obsolete and lost to me years from now.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Ceepa View Post
    All about paper here. I love having it up in the kitchen and everyone can see it. I like looking back at calendars from past years for reference and I'm paranoid that technological calendars will have some kind of glitch or else will become obsolete and lost to me years from now.
    Me too! I just like the tangible product.

Beth

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Google calendar - I like that it's accessible from home but DH & I can both see it at work too. Plus I have it on my ipod touch (synced through Calengoo).

Not sure if this is what you mean by color-coding but I have different colors for DH, DD and myself so I can see at a glance which person has what coming up that day.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

caleymama is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I had a old Palm PDA and then a Treo and LOVED their desktop calendar software synced with the device. When my Treo died and I switched to a Blackberry I tried Google Calendar (actually have tried it a few times) and have just not been able to make it work. I've been back to paper and pencil for a while now. Like PPs, I like the ability to have my past data archived. I had years of calendars archived and backed up with the Palm desktop software. I don't have MS Outlook, but I think that might be a good solution and have considered it.
    mama to 2 lovely and loving DDs

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I voted wrong - voted for paper but meant to vote for other. I keep both an electronic calendar and a paper calendar. If I had to give one up it would be the paper one. We use iCal and I really like it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast