Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Question recommend comfortable outward-facing carrier for 20lb infant (Update post#13)

so i need a good outward-facing carrier for DS who in 3 weeks or so will be 6 months old and approx 19-20 lbs (he is about 18lb or so now). preferably, one that keeps baby relatively cool and doesn't hurt my back. ideally, i'd like a frontcarrier (not sure if i'm comfortable enough carrying baby on my back yet where i can't see him). i don't know, does this exist?

i have a SleepyWrap which i have used successfully a few times, but 1) he doesn't really like to face inward for more than 5-10 min or so, he likes looking around at people/things and 2) DS sweats A LOT and the SleepyWrap tends to get warm, esp in the summer. also, my DS is pretty huge and HEAVY...wraps seemed to be more designed for newborns and babies who like to snuggle/cuddle...my baby is not a "cuddler" who wants to be held all the time, whenever he wants to be held it's because he wants to see what's going on better...soi think an outward-facing carrier would be best

for that reason, i don't usually use a carrier, but in 3wks we will be going to Toronto for a week and i will have to spend most of the time getting around alone with DS and without a car (DH will be at a conference). I will be bringing a stroller (bjcm) as well, but i figured i will need a carrier for when using public transportation, etc.

any suggestions? i'm fairly clueless about the various babywearing options. i did join a local Babywearing yahoo group in my area, but i'm about 45minutes/1hour drive from all the meetings/get-togethers, so it's hard for me to attend those.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 06-21-2010 at 02:43 PM.