Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Back carry is definitely ergonomically the easiest. The pikkolo should serve you well since it can do most anything.
    thanks, my pikkolo was shipped yesterday, i cannot wait to get it and try it out!

omg, my pikkolo arrived in the mail already!! i am SHOCKED at how fast the shipping was!

anyway, it seems very nice and i love the print. can't wait to try it out with DS in it (for once i wish he would wake from his nap so i can try it out!! )

also, i'm so glad i ordered from naturalmomgear...i got the support belt for free (which i guess isnormally $20 extra). it says the belt is recommended for babies 18 lbs and up, so i guess i will have to use it from the get-go.

i probably won't be able to do outward facing much, given how heavy and wriggly (wants to grab everything) my son is, but it's nice to have that option!

ok so this past weekend i have been trying the Pikkolo out with DS. love it. am soo glad i got the support belt, i think it makes a big difference.

anyway, yesterday when we were out i kept asking DH that he try the Pikkolo instead of carrying DS around as he usually does. at first he didnt' want to deal with the hassle of putting it on but i kept insisting. well he finally tried it and he was like "Wow, this is so much better than carrying him!" well, of course, duh!

and today just now DS was fussing and i wanted to walked around the house to distract him. i usually can't do it for more than a few minutes since he is just so darn heavy, plus he wriggles so much since he wants to grab everything. but i tried walking around with him in the Pikkolo, and it was just soo much easier..and after a couple minutes, he FELL ASLEEP IN IT. omg! i haven't been able to rock DS to sleep while walking around since he was like, a month old or something. and he has never fallen asleep in a carrier before. and after awhile, i was actually able to the Pikkolo off myself and slide DS into his Nap Nanny to finish his nap without even waking him! this thing rocks!! thanks guys for the recommendation! i love the BBB!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 06-21-2010 at 02:52 PM.

Default my pikkolo experience

wow i feel like i could have started this thread myself!! I had the same criteria as you for a carrier. My newest DD just turned 5 months and weighs around 18-19 pounds! After trying a hotsling and ultimate baby wrap i decided i just really needed a structured carrier that would distribute her abundant weight better.
    I just bought a Pikkolo from Judy at Faithfulbaby.com (who was super duper helpful by the way!) with a free support belt and so far it's been pretty awesome!

It is really easy to figure out how to get it on and off and can be done in seconds unlike my other carriers. The support belt is nice for the extra weight of a very heavy baby or toddler and the straps are comfy and don't dig in.
    i like the little sleeping hood and that also comes in handy in the super hot sun in Florida so she won't get burned outdoors.
    The fabric is nice and a little stiff but already softening up after a few days use.

The straps are all very easy to adjust and tighten so you really just need to put on the carrier and not fuss with the straps before. Just put on the waist belt, hold baby up with one arm, pull one buckle to the back and click, than the other to the other side and click, tighten the straps and you're done!
    It is much much easier than my baby wrap with all the fabric all over the place and definitely easier than the hotsling which has to be put on just so or the pouch doesn't work!
    I do not find the front facing out position any harder on my body than facing in. DD loves to look around and be part of the action and i was able to easily switch her from facing in to facing out without putting her down! a big plus when you are by yourself!
    The fabric of the georgia print carrier is beautiful and really makes wearing it a pleasure!

With the extra support belt it does not roll up as small as some others. But for me i am willing to sacrifice more bulk in the diaper bag for an easier wearing experience. And i usually have room in a stroller or shopping cart anyways for it so it doesn't really need to be so tiny when folded.

I haven't attempted hip carry or back carry yet. The only downfall i see so far is that my huge baby may have outgrown the front facing position already. You see you cinch up the sides of the carrier in order to face front, however my little darling angel has thighs like you wouldn't believe (for some perspective, she can't fit into size 12 month pants because of her legs...) so when she is forward facing the carrier cuts into her little legs and seems to stop the circulation a bit. I'm guessing though that since the pikkolo is only meant to go forward facing till around 18-20 pounds that she has just prematurely outgrown this stage....oh well...

I know every carrier has their own strengths and weaknesses and everyone needs to pick one that fits their lifestyle, but I have to say that with how expensive these soft carriers are, i'm glad i got one that does everything- front out,front in, hip, back....this way i know it'll last me through many years and stages.

Again, i highly recommend Judy at Faithfulbaby.com who gave me stellar customer service and super fast shipping practically the same day she went to the deliver her SEVENTH baby!! (now thats dedication!)

-Chani ( a confirmed stroller-maniac who now realizes the need for a super baby carrier as well

yay, glad to hear Pikkolo worked out as well for you too.and actually, i haven't tried outward facing yet, even though being able to do that was one of the main reasons i bought this carrier. i guess because after i tried the pikkolo i noticed that facing inward he is still able to see a lot (unlike wrap-style carriers where their head is more covered etc). also, even facing inward he still feels heavy after a while, and my ds likes to grab everything so inward facing maybe easier to deal with. i know i will have to do backcarry soon (not the carrier's fault, i'm also out of shape and 20 lbs above my normal wt, so carrying around 40lbs of extra weight on my tummy isn't great for my back!)

and my ds has "thunder thighs" as well...is in 12 month size onesies and sleepers and they fit him just right.

and WOW about the CS @ faithfulbaby...the same day she delivered her 7th baby?? that IS dedication!!!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 06-23-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2