Default Double Stroller help

I am probably out the ordinary but we have a 2 and 1/2 yr old and a 5 1/2 year old and still use our stroller when we go on day trips. Our kids are really tiny. The 2 yr old is only 28 lbs and my 5 1/2 yr old is only 35 lbs and is on the shorter side (42 inches).

Next week we are going to NY on vacation and we go to amusement parks quite often. Right now we use a sit and stand and the kids fight ALL THE TIME over who sits in the back. We are thinking it would be better to get a side by side. I want something that steers really good. I looked at the Bob's, the Baby Joggers as well as the Baby trend double jogger. Baby trend just came out with a new version that is similar to the baby jogger that has 4 wheels and a parent tray as well as a kids tray. Any thoughts? Any help is much much appreciated. Thank you.....

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Hi there! Budget? Do you just need it for outdoors? Will you be taking it in your car often? Intended use besides parks?
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Default stroller help

I would like to stay in the $300 range. Yes it is mostly for outdoor use...disneyland, zoo, sea world, etc...as well as in NY (long island and new york city). I need it fold to be able to put in my car (we have a civic and a minivan). I am hoping something on the lighter side.

While in NY we will have a mini suv. I need it to get around the airport.

Since this will be out last stroller we buy do you suggest a jogging stroller or a side by side (maclaren, combi?)

Thanks again!

The Baby Jogger City Mini Double sounds ideal for you. It sells for $399, but the expert bargain shoppers here should be able to help you find a better deal. Your older DC won't have much room in it but he should fit ok with the canopy open.

http://www.diapers.com/Product/Searc...eryFrom=Search

It is the nicest double out there without air tires.

Another option is Maclaren Twin Techno:

http://www.diapers.com/Product/Produ...&ci_sku=MW-081

The BJCMD will have better steering and a better resale value. It also has a huge canopy and an easy fold.

Other than those two, you would be looking at heavier side by side AT doubles or tandems. I would not recommend a tandem stroller. The steering and push are inferior to side-by-side doubles and the kids are not as comfortable.
    Last edited by arivecchi; 06-16-2010 at 04:05 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

If you want an AT double, you might be able to get a used one on CL @ a discount.

Options: BJCED, Bob Revo, MBUD, Valco Twin Trimode, BJCCD, Bumbleride Indie Twin.

For a bit over your budget, you can get a BJCED on sale from Albee Baby which should fit your older DC great, but it is heavy to lift in and out of a car. Awesome double though! Loaded with features!

http://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger...one-sport.html
    Last edited by arivecchi; 06-16-2010 at 04:07 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009