Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by swrc00 View Post
    These all are great suggestions. The weight of the Marathon is 20 lbs and DS being 30ish will be over the BJCM's weight limit, if I bungeed the carseat to the stroller. The travelmate seems like the best option. There are some listed on ebay.
    i looked on ebay for a while but pick it up at bru for about $63 (79.99 - 20% coupon). so cheaper than ebay after shipping and i see that bru is offering free shipping for orders over 49.

You didn't say if you were using the seat on the plane. IME, by far the toughest part of EVERYTHING is getting the carseat and the child on the plane, especially if the child falls asleep. There's no way to carry both, really.

For around the airport, we have a GoGoKidz. I can manage kid, stroller and GoGoKidz with carseat just fine. I found my kids both liked to pull the carseat themselves (just travelled solo with 25mo old and travelled with older DS around that same time frame).

Total PITA trying to get carseat/kid on/off the plane, though.
    Sweetie Pies, DS 9/2004 & DS 4/2008

ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post
    The Britax Marathon/Roundabout50 is neither too heavy nor too wide for travel. I have bungee corded mine on our umbrella stroller (narrow seat) and then harnessed my son in and everything was very firm. NOTHING was moving (2 bungee cords, one on each side). I practiced ahead of time to make sure it worked, and it made both trips beautifully
    Could you (or someone) explain in detail how to bungee a car seat to an umbrella stroller such that it is secure enough to strap in DC too? Any pictures or diagrams would also be welcome
    Mommy to my One & Only 05.07

Quote Originally Posted by peanut520 View Post
    have you thought about checking the stroller (usually free) and getting a travel mate? http://www.amazon.com/Go-Go-Babyz-Go.../dp/B002RXWZSS
    you can still wheel dc through the airport and use the seat on the plane and only deal with one piece of equipment.

I travelled alone with DD quite a lot when she was that age and the Go Go Kidz Travelmate saved me. She slept in it during connections. I used it with our Britax Blvd.

Quote Originally Posted by tropicalmom View Post
    I travelled alone with DD quite a lot when she was that age and the Go Go Kidz Travelmate saved me. She slept in it during connections. I used it with our Britax Blvd.
    Do you have a trick to getting child and carseat on to plane? I've never been able to roll the carseat past first class, so then I am stuck carrying the seat and sending DS on ahead. Doesn't work so well when he's tired/sleeping.
    Sweetie Pies, DS 9/2004 & DS 4/2008

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ha98ed14 View Post
    Could you (or someone) explain in detail how to bungee a car seat to an umbrella stroller such that it is secure enough to strap in DC too? Any pictures or diagrams would also be welcome
    I'll have to wait until tonight for pictures. But let's see if I can describe this. I hook one end of the bungee cord against one side of the umbrella stroller's "supports", and then wrap the bungee cord around both the side of the stroller and the corresponding side of the car seat until all the bungee cord is used up. Then I hook the other end around the stroller.

I do the same on the other side of the stroller and car seat with a second bungee cord. As long as you make sure there is no give in the bungee cords, the car seat is firmly on the stroller. Then you put the kid on the stroller and harness in.

I would not trust this in a car accident to hold. But for pushing around the airport? No problem. I take the child out and unwrap the bungee cords to leave the stroller at the gate. (the bungee cords go in my backpack)

Luckily, son has not been asleep trying to get on the plane. If he was, I Might try leaving him in the car seat and carrying both on the plane -- not sure if I could manage. More likely, I'd wake him up.

I also carry a child backpack with a "hang on" strap so I can keep the child from wandering off while putting this contraption together. I put the strap around my wrist and go off to the side where I am hopefully not blocking traffic while I put it together.

Remember: it needs to come apart at security, be put back together after ward. And then apart again at the gate.

So far, I've done carryons only in my backpack and (once) a duffel that went over my shoulder. I really feel I need two hands for pushing the stroller, so everything else has to be packed elsewhere.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Lots of posters here travel with their Britax seats. I am with the PP who said that travelling with a Boulevard is a nightmare. IMO, they are too big and bulky for travel, so I opted for a lighter car seat for travel (a Cosco Scenera). It has saved my sanity when travelling. Totally worth the $ plus I now have a back-up seat.
    Last edited by arivecchi; 06-17-2010 at 10:42 AM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Lots of posters here travel with their Britax seats. I am with the PP who said that travelling with a Boulevard is a nightmare. IMO, they are too big and bulky for travel, so I opted for a lighter car seat for travel. It has saved my sanity when travelling. Totally worth the $ plus I now have a back-up seat.

We tried traveling with out smaller Britax (roundabouts). It was hard. We bought Sceneras after that - made a huge difference for us!

I have a Safety 1st Uptown that I got for travel that's a lot lighter than the Boulevard. It goes on the stroller, and DS (until he was old enough to be able to walk and to be trusted not to run) went on my back in the Ergo.
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I found several pictures on this thread:
    http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=114583
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast