Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default So when did your heartburn start?

I'm 29 weeks & so far haven't had any problems. I woke up at about 1:00 am (EST) feeling like a baby dragon must feel like when he/she first learns to breathe fire. It's so bad that I sent my dh out to the pharmacy in the middle of the night for tums and zantac. I did everything right too. My supper wasn't acidic & I sat upright for 3 hours following (not on purpose, I just did) & ugh...

I'm at 33 weeks and heartburn started last week - I didn't know what it was at first. The second night I woke myself up because I had bile in my mouth - not fun. Since then I've been sleeping on two pillows, avoiding acid and carbonation, and sipping on water in between smaller, more frequent meals way before bed time.

Not feeling very comfortable, but I can deal.

Mine started at 16 weeks. I also didn't know what it was and thought I was having a heart attack! Drama, much?
    Beaming mom to DS born 10/20/2010.
    The Force is strong with this one.

prats is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

i had a lot of heartburn in my 1st trimester........which reduced in 2nd trimester but never went away.....and now in my 3rd trimester i am having a severe phase again............

avoiding very spicy food, acidic fruits like lime,orange and their juices helped a little.......
    drinking chilled plain cold milk too helped occasionally

Quote Originally Posted by LadyPeter View Post
    Mine started at 16 weeks. I also didn't know what it was and thought I was having a heart attack! Drama, much?
    You would not believe how common that is. I have reflux each time, but it only started now. So I recognized the feeling.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Oh wow!

(I actually am feeling very strong sympathy for my kids at this moment. All of them have terrible reflux from birth & it lasts for 6-7 months. I've joked to my pediatrician that she should just order a GI consult in the hospital when I have the baby.

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Mine started at 18 weeks and by 25 I had extreme acid reflux but I carried very 'inside' and didn't even look pregnant until the last month.

I didn't have any with my first pregnancy. With my second, I don't remember when, but it was a constant problem and it bothered me for most of it. I remember it in my first trimester--eating something spicy at around 10/11 weeks and being up all night.

With this one, I had it only when I was taking an antibiotic. Other than that, so far, so good at the halfway mark!
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

I get it sporatically. I'm used to eating 3 main meals a day and 1 or 2 small snacks, but food just doesn't fit like it used to. I have a small capacity, so mainly I get it when I don't eat small meals or go to bed too soon after dinner (like, less than 3 hours). Hugs
    Muffin, 2010
    Bubba, 2013

"You've probably heard the expression 'I believe in God, just not organized religion.' I don't think people would say that if the church truly lived like we are called to live. The expression would change to 'I can't deny what the church does, but I don't believe in their God.' At least then they'd address their rejection of God rather than use the church as a scapegoat." Francis Chan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast