We started with a Bjorn, but once he got even slightly heavy, I hated it! Definitely, regret that purchase because it was so uncomfortable for my back/shoulders that I didn't use it much. So I really have 2 main questions: (1) Is it worth it to get a more comfortable one at the pt. when he is almost 18 months now? (I mean, are all carriers uncomfortable once they get heavier?) I think he weighs 22-23 lbs. rt. now...will see at his 18 mth. checkup. & (2) Which one is the MOST COMFORTABLE for your back/shoulders?

So just a little background...I think it might come in handy because DS refuses to hold our hands when he walks. If I take him to the mall or somewhere, he's mostly in the stroller, but starts fussing and wants out eventually. I bought one of those safety harnesses, but once again, he whines & sometimes, throws a fit if he can't go the direction he wants. This is where I thought if I had a good carrier that I'd want to wear, it might be good for situations like that, quick errands when I don't want to take a stroller, or travel. So I've heard good things about the Ergo, Beco, Pikkolo, and someone (not here) mentioned that the Angelpack was a good option for a petite build, which is me. Please, give me your top choice or if you think I'd be wasting my money.