Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

i have a pikkolo, but I've never used it with an older baby. I can't carry a 20 lb child.

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    i have a pikkolo, but I've never used it with an older baby. I can't carry a 20 lb child.
    Well, I still might not want to in the front, but I'm thinking back would be ok.
    Mommy to a "Fiery" DS we so lovingly call "The Beast" 12/31/08
    And our newest summer addition DS2 7/8/12

I have scoliosis, so I can't do that. Not to mention that wearing my 20 month old AND my 30 week belly would be rather uncomfortable.

I have scoliosis, so I can't do that. Not to mention that wearing my 20 month old AND my 30 week belly would be rather uncomfortable.
    Wow...you must be a super mom! Congrats on your upcoming LO

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have an Ergo & a Patapum Toddler. My DS is 16 months, 26+ pounds, 32+ inches (mostly torso) and I am large framed. We have used the Ergo since he was 7 months (that's when I bought it used off ebay) and we love it! I almost always throw it in the cart when we go shopping (if I don't I usually wish I had) so that if he gets cranky I can put him in the carrier & he calms right down. I have just recently started using the back carry & it is extremely comfortable (except when he decides that it is fun to pull mommy's hair) but takes a little practice to get him positioned. I got the Patapum toddler (used off ebay, as well) because he is all torso & I anticipate using the Patapum more as he gets bigger.
    This link has a comparison of a bunch of carriers & includes the size of the carrying person as a basis for camparison: http://www.theportablebaby.com/carrierfeatures.html

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    I have an Ergo & a Patapum Toddler. My DS is 16 months, 26+ pounds, 32+ inches (mostly torso) and I am large framed. We have used the Ergo since he was 7 months (that's when I bought it used off ebay) and we love it! I almost always throw it in the cart when we go shopping (if I don't I usually wish I had) so that if he gets cranky I can put him in the carrier & he calms right down. I have just recently started using the back carry & it is extremely comfortable (except when he decides that it is fun to pull mommy's hair) but takes a little practice to get him positioned. I got the Patapum toddler (used off ebay, as well) because he is all torso & I anticipate using the Patapum more as he gets bigger.
    This link has a comparison of a bunch of carriers & includes the size of the carrying person as a basis for camparison: http://www.theportablebaby.com/carrierfeatures.html
    Super helpful link! Thank you.

Well, that definitely eliminates the Patapum and Ergo based on that comparison chart.

Quote Originally Posted by FieryOne1231 View Post
    Wow...you must be a super mom! Congrats on your upcoming LO
    Gosh, I wish I was... I can dream...

Quote Originally Posted by FieryOne1231 View Post
    Well, that definitely eliminates the Patapum and Ergo based on that comparison chart.
    Ergobaby must have really rubbed them the wrong way. They don't have much nice to say about it. (I agree with them though. Ergo CS is nasty.)

It answered my question about trying the Ergo again though. Moving on...

Gosh, I wish I was... I can dream...
    Well, you are to me since I can barely handle my ONE!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4