Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mikeys_mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I recently bought the Patapum Toddler for my 15 month old twins and it works well for us. They are just over 20 lbs each and above average height. Both the front and back-carry positions are comfortable and it is easy to put on. I got some great advice here that steered me towards that purchase .
    DS - 10
    DD - 8
    Twin Girls - 6

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

According to babycheapskate.com, Ergo will be on babysteals.com today at 11AM EST.

http://www.babycheapskate.com/2010/0...-com-tomorrow/

Quote Originally Posted by rebwal98 View Post
    There are so many options for an 18 month old out there. You might want to check out the TBW website, you can buy something off of FSOT that would be perfect for your baby. My 9 month old is 20lbs, and I'm just getting started. Be advised that the Ergo is not a tall carrier, so if DS is long, it might not work for a long enough period of time for you.

Check to see if there's a babywearing group near you, they might have a lending library where you can try on and even borrow a carrier to see if it works for you.

Ideally, I'd say to try a Kanga XT, but they are VERY hard to come by. Many people like Olives & Applesauce or a Kinderpack. Are you exclusively looking for an SSC or would you consider an MT?

There are so many options out there, you'll definitely find something that works for years to come.

Rebekah
    Sorry, but you just spoke a foreign language to me..lol! I'm not familiar with the abbrev. What's TBW, FSOT, SSC, & MT? I'm almost 100% positive there's no baby-wearing group where I live. I live in a very small town in the burbs.
    Mommy to a "Fiery" DS we so lovingly call "The Beast" 12/31/08
    And our newest summer addition DS2 7/8/12

The ergo tends to be too bulky for people with petite frames. I'd also take a look at the Connecta (with the added lumbar support), Toddler Patapum, and AnglePack.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeys_mom View Post
    I recently bought the Patapum Toddler for my 15 month old twins and it works well for us. They are just over 20 lbs each and above average height. Both the front and back-carry positions are comfortable and it is easy to put on. I got some great advice here that steered me towards that purchase .
    Do you think it would work for when he's over 2 yrs. old? In the description, it said suitable for 5-24 months. And since he's almost 18 months, I want something that will give me some longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by emily View Post
    According to babycheapskate.com, Ergo will be on babysteals.com today at 11AM EST.

Wow...thank you! If it's 50% off, this may be too good a deal to pass up! But hmm??..would it be too bulky for petite frame as someone mentioned?

http://www.babycheapskate.com/2010/0...-com-tomorrow/
    Quote Originally Posted by hobie View Post
    The ergo tends to be too bulky for people with petite frames. I'd also take a look at the Connecta (with the added lumbar support), Toddler Patapum, and AnglePack.
    Ugh...what to do since I feel like I need to make a quick decision if the Ergos will be on sale today??? The Toddler Patapum says suitable for 5-24 months though. Is there a carrier suitable for beyond 2 yrs. old? I want the biggest bang for my buck!

Quote Originally Posted by FieryOne1231 View Post
    Sorry, but you just spoke a foreign language to me..lol! I'm not familiar with the abbrev. What's TBW, FSOT, SSC, & MT? I'm almost 100% positive there's no baby-wearing group where I live. I live in a very small town in the burbs.
    TBW = www.thebabywearer.com

FSOT = For Sale or Trade forum on TBW

SSC = Soft Structured Carrier (like the ergo/beco, with buckles)

MT = Mei Tai (like Kozy or BabyHawk)

BabyHawk Oh Snap is another to look at.

TBW = www.thebabywearer.com

FSOT = For Sale or Trade forum on TBW

SSC = Soft Structured Carrier (like the ergo/beco, with buckles)

MT = Mei Tai (like Kozy or BabyHawk)

BabyHawk Oh Snap is another to look at.
    for the clarification!

Looking at your height, I think the ergo will be too big for you. You can use most quality SSC and MT for longer than 24mo...it mainly depends on your comfort, and your LO's desire to walk!.

On the Baby Hawk Oh Snap, "The waist is fully adjustable by webbing and buckles, it makes wearing it a snap! The Oh Snap! baby carrier will fit women from size 0 to 22 and men size small to XXL." http://www.babyhawk.com/Instructions/OhSnap.aspx The OhSnap can carry up to 45lbs.

Looking at your height, I think the ergo will be too big for you. You can use most quality SSC and MT for longer than 24mo...it mainly depends on your comfort, and your LO's desire to walk!.

On the Baby Hawk Oh Snap, "The waist is fully adjustable by webbing and buckles, it makes wearing it a snap! The Oh Snap! baby carrier will fit women from size 0 to 22 and men size small to XXL." http://www.babyhawk.com/Instructions/OhSnap.aspx The OhSnap can carry up to 45lbs.
    Bummer...I was lovin' that Ergo deal! Thanks for the other recs though.

Wow!...couldn't even make a decision in time. Ergos sold out in 38 minutes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast