Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The black ones are still up.

arivecchi is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Fiery, I have an Ergo and I pretty much only use it for travel or if we go hiking. I don't think they are particularly useful with older toddlers unless you do those things a lot. As you know, I use strollers a lot!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I keep looking at the black one. I had an Ergo & used it with dd2 as an infant & I hated it. I really should try it again with a baby over 5 lbs. I can't bring myself to buy it though.

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    The black ones are still up.
    I know, but I didn't care for the orange butterflies on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Fiery, I have an Ergo and I pretty much only use it for travel or if we go hiking. I don't think they are particularly useful with older toddlers unless you do those things a lot. As you know, I use strollers a lot!
    So not worth it you think? I wanted to get one for our upcoming trips when he might want out of the stroller, mall trips, & quick errands when I don't want to take the stroller. He won't hold my hand & whines with the safety harness so was thinking a carrier might be a good option??
    Mommy to a "Fiery" DS we so lovingly call "The Beast" 12/31/08
    And our newest summer addition DS2 7/8/12

I keep looking at the black one. I had an Ergo & used it with dd2 as an infant & I hated it. I really should try it again with a baby over 5 lbs. I can't bring myself to buy it though.
    Why did u hate it? I would think it would be the opposite...love as infant, hate when older.

I really disliked the hugeness of the carrier to carry a 5 lb baby. I even preferred the Bjorn (which is saying something).

arivecchi is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I agree with swissair. The Ergo is not great for newborns. To be honest, my kids both preferred the Baby Bjorn Active but my shoulders prefer the Ergo.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I agree with swissair. The Ergo is not great for newborns. To be honest, my kids both preferred the Baby Bjorn Active but my shoulders prefer the Ergo.
    I used a bjorn when LO was an infant and now I use the ERGO. Like Arivecchi, I'm not a big babywearer. I use the ERGO more for travel, baseball games, etc. I am probably small-avg build (but not petite) and the ERGO fits me really well. It fits my husband pretty well too. The black one for $78 is an awesome deal if you decide you want an ERGO(You could probably sell it for more than $78) since you can rarely get a discount on one (though I was able to get one at BBB using a 20% off coupon, but apparently that's a BBB no-no). This probably doesn't help you at all.
    (I will say the ERGO is a lifesaver for air travel...)
    Last edited by poohbear; 06-23-2010 at 12:23 PM.

I really disliked the hugeness of the carrier to carry a 5 lb baby. I even preferred the Bjorn (which is saying something).
    I guess it's a good thing I didn't buy the cute pink one for my pregnant cousin then! Haha..I just called her this morning to see if she was really set on the Bjorn I got her for her shower since I hated ours. I so want a girl if we decide on baby #2! Girl stuff is so much cuter

Yeah, baby seemed fine in the Active as well...just not mommy!

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
    I used a bjorn when LO was an infant and now I use the ERGO. Like Arivecchi, I'm not a big babywearer. I use the ERGO more for travel, baseball games, etc. I am probably small-avg build and the ERGO fits me really well. It fits my husband pretty well too. The black one for $78 is an awesome deal if you decide you want an ERGO(You could probably sell it for more than $78) since you can rarely get a discount on one (though I was able to get one at BBB using a 20% off coupon, but apparently that's a BBB no-no). This probably doesn't help you at all.
    (I will say the ERGO is a lifesaver for air travel...)
    Yup, another reason I wanted to get one since we have 2 upcoming trips, and I'm thinking suitcase, stroller, car seat, baby...ugh! But someone said the Ergo isn't great for a petite frame so idk?? Anybody have exp. with the Pikkolo or Beco? I found a site with 10% off a really cute Pikkolo one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast