Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default So I am wondering if my water broke....

As of this am I was 1cm. Not leaking ( ob said she saw muceous.)

However more so this afternoon wetness down there. I am trying to gauge this after changing pants once already! I don't want to jump the gun (especially because I'd need to call someone for ds)!

My water never broke with ds which is also why I am questioning myself! Baby is also moving a lot !

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I would call and the OB can determine that for you.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Put in a clean pad and walk around a bit. If your water broke, it will be wet again. If it was stress incontinence, it probably won't be. You could also smell your underwear (sorry) and determine if it smells like ammonia (urine) or sweet (A.F.). The OB can't actually determine water breakage without making you come in & using nitrazine paper. They usually recommend both of my suggestions before trekking in.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That's a tricky one! Lay down for about 15 minutes and stand up, see if you get more fluid. Mine broke with ds1. I felt something weird inside and it woke me up. As I walked to the bathroom I felt leaking and was wondering how that could happen b/c I never, ever leaked urine during pg. I was walking back to dh to discuss it. As I was standing there it broke in a huge gush, like a water balloon exploding.

Very best of luck!!! KUP!

Beth

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My water has broken with all three of my other pregnancies and it has always been more than wetness of the underwear. I am due 3 days after you and have noticed increased wetness and discharge over the last week. I am also 1 cm dilated. So I guess what I am saying is that it doesn't sound like it, but definitely worth a call to your doctor if you aren't sure. Good luck and maybe we will deliver on the same day!
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

OK, this will be gross, so sorry in advance...

I did the pad advice and was very glad I did because it captured the fluid. I was able to show it to the midwife (gross, sorry) and she confirmed that it was meconium.

But for me it was very obvious that my water had broken. Pop! Like in the cheesy sitcoms. Good luck!

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Mine just leaked a little like that.... the nurse in the OB ER had to call my OB because she wasn't even sure... Once he looked at me he was like YEP it broke.... no cx or anything!!
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

With DS1, it took me a good hour to determine for sure that my water had broken. It was 4am, I didn't want to wake anyone unnecessarily, and I wasn't having contractions anyways.

With DS2, there was little doubt about it...

If you just had a pelvic exam, it could be some extra discharge from your plug. Or it could be that your water broke.

Let us know what happens!!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by tmahanes View Post
    Mine just leaked a little like that.... the nurse in the OB ER had to call my OB because she wasn't even sure... Once he looked at me he was like YEP it broke.... no cx or anything!!
    Interesting he could tell just by looking at you! I've know women with just a trickle that was hard to tell, turned out they were leaking amniotic fluid. With DD, it was running down my legs and soaking my underwear. The OB oncall said, just come to the hospital, no need for testing. I wasn't having contractions, so I had to be induced. I also hadn't had my strep test, so I had to have antibiotics.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My water broke with DS. I went to the bathroom and noticed I was bleeding. When I went to stand up, I heard something pop, and then a gush of water came out. Every time I stood up until I got an epidural hours later I would gush out water. I never had a trickle.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast