Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ewpmsw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Does the heat bother you?

Is the heat getting to any other expecting moms right now? We've had temps in the high 90's and even the 100's for the past week. Even going out in the morning, I start feeling nauseous. I have to drop DD off at camp and run errands, so staying in all day isn't an option. Have been drinking a lot of water to stave it off, but ugh. And yes, I get soooo whiney when I'm pg.

Same here. I'm dying. Even in the a/c - I do one or two chores around the house like vacuuming or laundry, etc and I'm beat. I was pregnant during the summer months with DS1 and I don't ever remember the heat really bothering me. This time around I'm definitely affected by it... and it's only June! I'm due early Sept so I hope I can survive the rest of the summer!

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I can't stand it, but fortunately (I suppose in this case) i WOTH FT so i just need to go from house to car to office. After work though we haven't been going to the park, etc and i try to run just one errand vs walking from place to place.

Yes. The heat always bothers me and the 'oven' turned on about 5 weeks ago. It has been so hot and humid, but today was nice. I wish we could live somewhere without humidity, it makes it so much worse.
    DD 6/10

Yup. Makes me quesey.
    Nancy
    DD Cara Flynn 10-25-05
    DD Lilah Jane 10-25-10 (How about that?)

It's been pretty bad cleaning up shop at school this week and proctoring exams (thank GOD administration had me proctoring in the few rooms with a/c or I would have died!). But as long as I don't move too much (!) and drink lots of water, it's not so bad. And today is graduation, so I'm DONE anyway!!!!!
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got a mother's helper for June & July. Not only is the heat really affecting me, but I am tired from the time I wake up until my point of collapsing (about 9 pm at this point.)

I work FT so I spend much of my time in air-conditioned spaces, but on the weekends I really can't deal with being outside except the pool. I am carrying very high so I get heat rashes between my belly and chest all the time. Oh, and I live in sunny South Florida and it is SUPER humid here!
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am totally wilting in this heat................and I feel so bad that I totally don't want to go outside with DD. So if we're home we spend the day inside until DH gets home and can play with her.
    I use to teach tennis during the summers and the heat/humidity was never a big deal, in fact I usually put a sweatshirt on inside once I got home............now I'm the exact opposite.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

BeccaB. is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Yessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand it. I was so hot today after coming in from outside, that an hour later I still wasn't convinced that the air conditioner was working.
    Rebecca

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast