Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Do you use your own nighgown/robe at the hospital?

It is easier to use the ones hospital provided, i.e, gown, disposable underwears, etc. So, there will be no stain on your own cloth. However, the hospital gown doesn't look good on the picture. What else do you pack?

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I packed my own robe for DD and I plan on doing it again for this one. I wore the hospital gown because it was easy to nurse it, and I didn't have to worry about getting it messed up. This time I am also packing some nursing tank tops. I still plan on wearing the gown because I'm having a c-section, but I think I'll feel more like myself with the nursing tank on too.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

I packed something, but don't remember being uncomfortable in the hospital gown.
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm planning on bringing my own pjs. I think I'll wear a gown during labor though. I might also use their mesh underwear.

I'm planning to wear the hospital gowns during labor (don't want to deal with the ick on my own stuff!) and bring a couple of nursing nightgowns and nursing tanks for afterwards/photos. But down here they keep you in the hospital a bit longer than in the U.S., which is why I feel the need to bring my own wardrobe.

BTW, Motherhood and GAP sell super cute nursing PJs that have matching gowns for babies and would be super precious for photos!
    Emma in Bermuda
    Mama to furkids Beau and Mattie
    DS1 born June 2010
    DS2 born November 2012

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    I'm planning on bringing my own pjs. I think I'll wear a gown during labor though. I might also use their mesh underwear.
    Are there any health benefits in using the mesh underwear, i.e, healing better, better circulation? This time, I am planning to use belly binder right after the delivery. So, using my own underwear may make it less messy. I found the mesh underwear is very loose and the pad move around. Also, does it help to use the ice pack down there for the first 24 hours.

No health benefits, I just don't have to bring 40 pairs of underwear to the hospital (to change into when I bleed all over what I'm wearing.) I love the ice packs after delivery. In the hospital I worked in, we used to open up newborn diapers & stuff ice in the back & tape it up. It's amazing.

I brought my own PJs but never touched them. It was so much easier to nurse in the hospital gown. As for pictures, sure I'm in the gown, but at that point in time, I wasn't really concerned with how I looked in pictures. I was too busy staring at DD!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I changed into my own clothes as soon as they allowed me to shower, which was the day following my 9:37pm C-section.

The hospital gowns were pink, floral print; I despise pink an avoid floral prints if I can.

I bought PJs & slippers on clearance from Target especially for use in the hospital, as well as new undies, so I wouldn't feel badly if anything got messy. (It didn't; I was lucky.)

Although they did give me a very nice velour-terrycloth robe, which I like very much even though it's pink.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I hate pink clothes. I never buy them if I can avoid them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast