♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Maclaren Volo - adjusting straps?

i just got a Mac Volo today, and i love it except i'm having an issue with one thing...can't adjust the the shoulder straps to be short enough. i have an almost-6mo-old DS who is pretty huge for his age, yet even adjusted to the shortest, the straps seem very loose.

i can get the waist straps to be tight enough, but not the shoulder straps.

is there something i'm missing?? DH tried it as well and can't figure it out either. we have the straps put on the lowest set of the 3 holes (the uppermost set of holes is by his head)

i really don't want to return it, as it's otherwise *perfect* for what i need. i know there are other strollers i could consider, however i chose the Volo because of the very light weight (8 lbs!) and ease of folding/carrying (love the carry strap). i have a BJCM which i love and use as my "main" stroller, however, i need a very light (yet high quality) umbrella stroller for use for when i am traveling by myself with DS without a car. in a couple weeks we are going out of town and i will be taking day trips where i have to be taking buses/trains etc alone with DS and i need something light and easy to fold (my plan is to mostly have DS in the stroller, but when i can't use it or when he wants to be carried, have DS in a pikkolo, backpack diaper bag on my back, and carrying stroller on shoulder by the strap).

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

ok well i just tried it out more around the house with my DS in it. i guess it's ok after all (for now, at least). the shoulder straps are still very loose but more and more i'm accepting that that's just how it is. i was able to get the waist straps pretty snug so really, there is no way he could fall out. my DS has a habit of trying to lean forward in the BJCM, but he never does it in the Volo, i guess because it's so upright already.

i guess i'm just used to car seat straps, which always have to be super duper snug..it seems like for a stroller the shoulder straps don't have to be so snug