Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackMom View Post

~ wait does is it WAHM or WOHM, lol I work at home I guess WOHM would be out of home, like at an office. Well, same issue still! :P

It's my understanding that it's the followng:

WAHM = work-at-home mom, a.k.a. a home-based employee, teleworker or telecommuter

WOHM = work-out-of-the-home mom, a.k.a an office-based employee

I'm a primarily home-based employee nowadays, but go into the office once a week. That said, I consider myself a WAHM.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    It's my understanding that it's the followng:

WAHM = work-at-home mom, a.k.a. a home-based employee, teleworker or telecommuter

WOHM = work-out-of-the-home mom, a.k.a an office-based employee

I'm a primarily home-based employee nowadays, but go into the office once a week. That said, I consider myself a WAHM.
    Thank you! I guest I am WAHM, which is fun to say!
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

mmommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    For social interaction, I find it helpful to have a few mommy friends you like - and whose kids play well together. WE decide if we can get together during the week and where/when. It's clearly not just a playdate for the DC. It's like therapy for us - just at the science museum or whatever.
    I've met/kept some fantastic friends this way!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

we don't know our neighbors very well, and have always wanted to get to know them better. well last month we were invited to our neighbor's pool party one afternoon. we had really wanted to go but then that day since we were busy running so many errands DS was having issues with napping and he went down right before the party was supposed to start...so he slept thru the whole party and we figured it wasn't worth going 2 hrs late
    I agree that the logistics make things very hard! Just as a suggestion for another time, in a case like this where it is a neighbor's event, DH and I just switch off at the party. He goes for an hour then I go for an hour. That way we get to see people and socialize a little bit anyway.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Another thing we do: Host your own event on your own schedule! We have a backyard toddler fun park for just that reason. Someone always needs a nap so it is great to turn the monitor and hang out at home with friends and their DC.

♥ms.pacman♥ is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanx everyone for the replies! i feel a lot better now. just spent 3 hours at the mall today at a Mommy&Me meetup, shopping & having lunch with a couple of other moms & their babies. it was GREAT to get out of the house and do stuff. i guess i just have to make more of an effort in finding stuff i can go to and just dealing with the related hassle of getting out of the house by myself with DS (having to get diaper bag etc ready, dealing with feeding, diaper changes on the go, etc).

and great suggestions. about hosting own events..would love to do this and DH & I often talk about the idea actually. however, we'd have to coordinate for a party to be a few days after the cleaning lady comes..our house is a total mess most of the time!

and about switching off with DS at a party..we do this sometimes..however DH is often reluctant if the ppl are more my friends than his, since he's shy around ppl he doesn't know very well (and he is not big on being social, he could live for years w/o talking to a single soul aside from me), so he has the tendency to forgo social events if it's too big of a hassle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2