Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    brgnmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Lightbulb how far away is your OB's office...?

...and how far would you be willing to drive to see your OB? I'm switching OB providers in July and found out that my new OB's office is about 10 miles away from our place (20-25 minutes driving on local roads, in order to avoid LA highway traffic). And it would take about 20-30 minutes to drive there from my son's school this fall. Do you think this is too far away? I've heard many good things about my OB and I know I'm switching providers kind of late during my pregnancy (I wish I didn't have to but I need to b/c my former OB is in another state on the opposite coast).

Just curious how far you're willing to drive to see your OB provider. Thanks!

I'm about 10 minutes away from my OB right now, but we're in the process of moving, where he'll be 25 minutes away, up to 35 in traffic. He's also a pediatrician; right now we plan on seeing him when LO is born. I'll be a SAHM, so the commute is not a problem. When I reenter the workforce, we may consider finding someone closer.

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

40 minutes from my home; 10 minutes from where I work. (During the 1st pg, I was always driving from work; during the 2nd, from home.)

I'm very happy with my OB & CNMs & didn't give a single thought to trying to find someone closer for the 2nd pg.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Mine was about 30 minutes away. I first chose her when I only needed a gyn (and not the ob part), and she was 5 minutes from my office. Then I got pregnant and changed jobs and she was 30 minutes from home and the new job. I really liked her and never felt like it was too far.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Mine's very close, but I have to drive through campus, park in a deck, and walk across a bridge, so it takes about 20 min. to get TO the office even though it is no more than 2 miles away. With valet, it's faster.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

My current one is about a 30 minute drive and then another 10 to get to the office, since it's in the hospital.

When I had DD, I used an OB only 10 minutes away and that was nice, but he was always so late it just really didn't matter! With DS1, I was about 40 minutes from home, but only 20 from work.

Of the 3 I used to have babies, I like the overall office of where I am now the best, so I'm staying even though it's a drive.
    Kris

My ob is over an hour away. I live in the middle of nowhere though and have to travel an hour to get anywhere.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

My OB is about 35 minutes away. I refuse to have anything to do with our local hospital and/or doctors. Everytime I have gone there they have done more harm than good to me. I drive to the next town for all of our family's doctoring needs. Plus my OB is known to be one of the best in our area.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My midwives were about 25 minutes away, a bit less if no traffic (rare). 100% worth it to have the midwives and birthing center.

Beth

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My OB is about 35 min. away. It's a little inconvenient but I really like him, so I'm willing to make the drive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast