At the risk of turning this forum int Pepper's Personal Problems, I need to vent about something a family member said tonight...DH is away for a week on business and family member (FM) called to see how I was doing. FM knows that DS1 is having a really hard time with DS2's arrival and that this week has been particularly tough with Daddy away.

To paraphrase, FM said that he sympathized with me b/c "it's hard to have patience with kids that are not your biological children. You have more patience with your own kids." (Note:FM is not an adoptive parent, just a bio one. And so has no actual experience on which to base that comment).

To which I replied, that's bull-poop (except I didn't use the exact word "poop"). They ARE my kids, because I'm raising them. Who else's kids would I be raising??!?

Sorry for the rant - just feeling deeply disappointed that after almost 4 years and 2 kids, FM is still apparently very clueless about our family. Sadly, FM has a history of saying hurtful things without seeming to realize it...I wish their "filters" were a little more active.