Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do you need bassinet sheets for the Pack 'N Play?

I'm thinking about having our little one sleep in the bassinet of her Pack 'N Play for the first few months. She's our first so I want to make sure it will be safe and comfortable. I haven't purchased the Pack 'N Play yet although I looked at it in the store. Do you need bassinet sheets for the baby to sleep in the Pack 'N Play? I know they sell regular sheets for the Pack 'N Play but I can't find any info on bassinet sheets.

Alternatively, we were thinking about getting a Fisher-Price Newborn Rock & Play Sleeper. It's inexpensive and I've read that it meets industry safety standards for bassinets.

Advice is appreciated! My head is spinning right now...

In our pack n' play, the bassinette is just the regular mattress pulled up higher, so you use the same sheets that you use for the regular level of the pack n' play.

I kept the pack n' play on the main level for naps and bought a bassinette for our bedroom. In the end, DD hated both of them and would only sleep in a swing or someone's arms for the first 6 weeks at which point we switched her to her crib in her room. So in the end, we didn't really use either, but hopefully your little one will like it better than mine did.

Our daughter slept in her pack 'n play in our room when we first brought her home. The bassinet feature of the pack 'n play basically just means that the whole mattress raises up in the pack 'n play. So you use the same regular pack 'n play sheets. The pack 'n play is bigger than a traditional bassinet, but if you have room for it, I think it's a good option--especially if you're going to buy one to travel with or whatever anyway.

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense! Any preference between regular Pack 'N Play sheets and quilted ones?

We have the quilted ones, mostly because the sheets were out of stock when we were buying. They are fine. I like the sheets that I got for her crib so much better (Lands End crib sheets), but they don't make them for PnP. I wish I could find nice PnP sheets.

I also put a waterproof pad underneath the sheet. Just a tip that might help

Sarah

Our pnp is a graco one and I just bought the quilted pnp sheets. Like a pp suggested, use a sheet protector under it. I was surprised that the sheets held up really well with DS and I'm able to use them again for DD.
    A very busy Mama to my two chiquitos.
    DS 11/08 and DD 7/10

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have the Eddie Bauer PNP crib sheets that you can get at target. Ours are in ecru- and has been used for trips to beach, etc for 2.5 yrs- and is holding up well! It is probably comparable to the Graco quilted ones.

Default Do you need bassinet sheets for the Pack 'N Play?

Quote Originally Posted by zag95 View Post
    We have the Eddie Bauer PNP crib sheets that you can get at target. Ours are in ecru- and has been used for trips to beach, etc for 2.5 yrs- and is holding up well! It is probably comparable to the Graco quilted ones.
    Question about the Pack n' Play sheet protector. Can someone post a link to one that would work? Thanks!

Default Pack n' play sheets

I too was wondering this same thing as I am looking to buy a Pack n' Play that has both the lower level platform but also the bassinet feature on top which is another separate platform. I was under the impression that additional sheets did not need to be purchased for this upper bassinet layer as it already has a fabric cover on it. The platform is supposed to be vinyl so it shouldn't need a waterproof sheet but I supposed you could put one underneath if you wanted.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast