Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    Am I the only toddler that feels funny drinking half a glass of white wine with 5% alcohol? Seriously, even on passover I dilute my 4 cups of wine with grape juice (as in 75-80% grape juice & a wine topper to cut the sweetness, because otherwise I would be dead drunk by the end of the evening) I am just not cut out to drink.
    Swissair81, I can't hold my liquor either (and honestly, if it is Manishevitz wine at passover, I don't want to hold it!).

Personally, I was never a big drinker and didn't drink while pregnant or now while bfing. But that is more because I don't really like drinking. OP, I think that your "friend" was way out of line. Having a drink or 2 isn't going to hurt anyone.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    Swissair81, I can't hold my liquor either (and honestly, if it is Manishevitz wine at passover, I don't want to hold it!).

Personally, I was never a big drinker and didn't drink while pregnant or now while bfing. But that is more because I don't really like drinking. OP, I think that your "friend" was way out of line. Having a drink or 2 isn't going to hurt anyone.
    What are you poisoning yourself with? There is way better kosher wine than Manishevitz. Get yourself to a Jewish bookstore or supermarket. There is a nice selection from around the world (israel, italy, california, france). I could even give you a list of brands. And Kedem makes the best grape juice. (and liquor is out of the question. I can't touch the stuff. Unless it's chocolate liquor... and very sparingly.)

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    What are you poisoning yourself with? There is way better kosher wine than Manishevitz. Get yourself to a Jewish bookstore or supermarket. There is a nice selection from around the world (israel, italy, california, france). I could even give you a list of brands. And Kedem makes the best grape juice. (and liquor is out of the question. I can't touch the stuff. Unless it's chocolate liquor... and very sparingly.)

Unfortunately, I live in the South so Jewish bookstores/supermarkets aren't really around. Plus, if I switched up the wine, I would be sure to give a coronary to some of my older relatives.

This just means that BFing is a good excuse to get out of drinking Manishevitz

There are Kosher supermarkets in the South. It just depends where. Also, sometimes places like Sam's Club & Meijers (don't know if you have those) carry a limited selection. I think Costco does too. Maybe.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post

Unfortunately, I live in the South so Jewish bookstores/supermarkets aren't really around. Plus, if I switched up the wine, I would be sure to give a coronary to some of my older relatives.

This just means that BFing is a good excuse to get out of drinking Manishevitz
    Manishevitz is the reason why there are a million jokes about kosher wine! (And a good excuse not to drink if your relations don't know any better, though, I agree.)

If you are interested, do the liquor laws in your state preclude you from ordering online? Baron Herzog is a very good kosher wine and Googling will pull up a couple online spots to purchase it. Their website is good for learning about their wines: http://www.baronherzog.com/ ... I enjoyed it many a time at Shabbat suppers and lunches with friends from college.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Manishevitz is the reason why there are a million jokes about kosher wine! (And a good excuse not to drink if your relations don't know any better, though, I agree.)

If you are interested, do the liquor laws in your state preclude you from ordering online? Baron Herzog is a very good kosher wine and Googling will pull up a couple online spots to purchase it. Their website is good for learning about their wines: http://www.baronherzog.com/ ... I enjoyed it many a time at Shabbat suppers and lunches with friends from college.
    Bartenura, Carmel and Rashi are some others.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4