Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    happymomma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default HELP!! Need to Find Decorating Ideas for Huge Wall in Kitchen

We renovated our kitchen about 6 months ago and I still can't find decorating ideas for a wall in our kitchen. The color is light green. I've taken some pictures of the room. We had knocked down the wall b/w the kitchen and dining room. So it made a nice open space. But I am stomped when it comes to the finishing touches. The cabinets are off white. The kitchen table is a brown color. I was thinking of using some sort of art that had 3 or 4 pictures or something. I am looking for something traditional but am open to any ideas. I would love to get feedbacks from others for the wall. I've decorated so far 2 paintings and a flower art. The 2 paintings were made by my son. I just put frames on it so that it would protect it. I really like it on the side wall.

Please....any ideas or sites I can use??????

Here's the link to pictures of the kitchen:

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...5/DSC08189.jpg

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...5/DSC08190.jpg

almostamom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm not much help help in the deorating department. I have seen (on www.kellyskornerblog.com, I think) a series of 9 pictures displayed w/ 3 rows of 3 pictures that I really like. I think she had printed different types of ferns from the internet and framed them. I also have to say that I think your kitchen is absolutely beautiful!!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Wow. Your kitchen is gorgeous and that table looks so inviting! I'm NOT good at decorating, but a friend got a collection of black frames that came in a set from Michael's or AC Moore and put pictures of her DC in it - like a bunch from Portrait Innovations that were all done on the same day - some color, lots of B&W.

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow -- gorgeous kitchen!!!

What about an architectural detail instead of a painting? Like an old wooden or wrought iron panel...or a set of three across the wall...
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

what something made out of iron/metal?
    We have a huge iron/scrollwork piece that we had hanging on the wall in our bi-level that went from basement to top of second floor. Not sure where we are going to put it in this house since we don't have a large, open wall.

http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx...external|58231

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

happymomma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thank you everyone for the compliments. I love everything about the kitchen except for the huge blank wall. Keep the advices coming.... :-)

dcmom2b3 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Beautiful kitchen!!! I also like the idea of an architectural peice. Or perhaps a really big clock?

I also have a huge empty wall in my kitchen, I dream of having floor to ceiling built-in shelves with a rolling library ladder.
    M-H

"Mombee" to my Bunny

naam is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

How about a lot of small items that make a kind of collage? We have a "wall of clocks" on our large kitchen wall. The clocks are all similar to this with different (mostly French-inspired backgrounds).

http://www.amazon.com/23-25-Vintage-.../dp/B002BWVAWW

I've also seen people do walls with pretty plates or small mirrors.

SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have a empty wall in my dining room, bought but yet to be put up is free hanging black shelf, I think its 48" long, I can put things on it, not sure what yet . I bought it at Hobby Lobby when 'shelves' were 1/2 price.

I bought a collage frame that is 4 frames above, 4 frames below, I plan to hang it horizontally in a space above where decor items could go on the shelf. Its smaller than the shelf. I plan to put B&W pics of the boys eating when they were smaller (messy funny pics) in it.

My pics are on the old laptop, need to pick them out, crop, etc.

Really waiting on H to put the shelf up....
    Samantha
    Twin Boys - 11/20/05
    N. and J. - My heart and hands are full!

The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. Hemingway

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SammyeGail View Post
    I plan to put B&W pics of the boys eating when they were smaller (messy funny pics) in it.
    ooohhh, just got a neat idea from that...wouldn't it be neat to have pictures of family gatherings on the walls - just make them all B&W or sepia or something. Is that too far from traditional?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast