LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Where to stay in Asheville, NC

So DH and I have decided to take a little vaca with DD -- just a long weekend. We thought Asheville NC might be fun and a little cooler. Anyone have any suggestions on where to stay or not to stay? I'm having a hard time finding a cabin I like...cabin being DH's first choice. And the hotels downtown seem a little pricey....seriously, for $169 I could be back in NYC or ATL!!!

Help!
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites on Brevard Road about 2 months ago. It's not a cabin, but the rates are very affordable and we had a 2 room suite, which is great for letting the kids sleep in a separate room and being able to close the door so you can stay up past their bed time. In my recollection, it also had 2 full bathrooms.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I saw this cottage on a blog a few days ago thought it looked like a fun place. It's just outside of Asheville. I didn't look at the price- I'd guess it's a bunch more than $169 though.

http://thecottagewnc.blogspot.com/20...o-cottage.html

Here's the blog about it:

http://www.thenester.com/2010/06/the...d-cottage.html

I've stayed at the Extended Stay America before. It wasn't awful, but I probably wouldn't go back. The ventilation systems for the smoking and non smoking rooms seemed to be connected, which sort of defeated the purpose of a non-smoking room.

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Grove Park Inn...lots of stuff to do on site, gorgeous views. You park your car and don't get back in until the vacation is over.